• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Toyzuki v2: topshaft and slipper alternative

Voodoobrew

I wanna be Dave
So this isn't completely tested but I have done this and it seems to be working.
I thought I watched something similar to this in a youtube video but I cant find it now.

I Was looking for a way to mount Kimbrough 48p spur gears to my forward transmission and basically open up gearing options to what is available for the AX10 transmission.

1) So we are going to be removing this shaft
2) and flipping these gears, orings and bearings
voodoobrew-93413-albums4510-66701.jpg

I got my topshaft and slipper from a hot racing ax10 transmission I think it has the same top shaft as Axial Part# AXI30198 Axial Slipper Drive Gear Shaft. I drilled out the topshaft with a 5/64 bit and used the larger pin from the origional toyzuki build to hold the gear in place.
voodoobrew-93413-albums4510-66705.jpg

the slipper clutch looks like this I had to grind down the back for it to not rub on the fiberclass chassis (shown in red on a probably compatible grey slipper plate)
voodoobrew-93413-albums4510-66703.jpg
voodoobrew-93413-albums4510-66702.jpg

Then put it together:
3) shows where I ground the slipper plate for clearence issues
4) shows how the gears are flipped
voodoobrew-93413-albums4510-66704.jpg

This got rid if that long shaft hanging out the back, and I can run a 96t 48p spur gear and 9t pinion for 104:1 reduction in the rear and 80:1 in the front.

The LURC slipper eliminator was my first choice but it is out of stock, and I had the rest of these parts just laying around already appart.

Hope this is understandable.

Back