• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TLR Tuned LMT Build

Curb Crawler

Rock Crawler
Decided I needed a new long term project, so starting off with this kit and a AGFRC servo

One of the first thing I need is decent servo saver, I’ll probably go with a Vitavon one with a alloy steering links "thumbsup"

Two parts that I've been really happy with:

The Vitavon Center Transmission case
The SSD axle case halves

You may not ending needing either. My stock axle housings kept letting debris inside due to flexing. And I had two center differential bearings fail which resulted in a melted stock transmission case.

The shocks you installed look pretty nice. Do those come with the kit?

Hi, I’ve seen a couple pics of the transmission melting, it may have even been your pics and yes the shocks are the kit ones, they are pretty much standard 1/8 buggy shocks. One part I was going to upgrade straight away was the steering link, also I want a different battery tray, I think the stock one looks nasty for a high end kit and think I can come up with something more in keeping of a high end kit

Here’s the wheels I’m going to run, JC Renegades on Aggressor rims, I’ve Rit dyed the centre caps. Also I’ve got the JC free 17mm hex conversion and faux beadlocks on the way, at the moment they just attach via a 8mm nut and a washer, the JC kit will be loads more secure

This thing is awesome. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. I still can't believe monster trucks have fallen out of popularity. They are the best bashers.

I'll probably pick up a set of those. My wheel nuts always come loose.

I had the og LMT Roller and that was always losing it wheels with the Castle 1512 2650 I had in it. I’m not going anything that big this time though, think a Castle 1412 3200kv or a HH Puller Pro v2 2700 would be a good fit "thumbsup"

Worked out a RX box and ESC placement, I’m not sure the Copperhead will be staying tho, a MMX would be more suitable, I’ll be ordering the motor next week hopefully, a Castle 1412 3200kv with a 5mm shaft

Not sure yet, but if I can find some suitable decals it’s going to the Slayer, after my favourite metal band 8)

Fitted a Hot Racing battery tray, the stock one was pretty crap and came across as a after thought to me

I still need to drill a couple holes at the rear, but I’ll hold off till the motor has arrived so don’t cause any issues with the angle of the tray. The battery tray is really meant for the RTR and that has different position holes in the shock towers

Looks killer, even without paint. J Concepts really does MT bodies right. The good old F250 is a solid choice.

Love the way they add proper monster truck style arches to the bodies, saves having to do a horrible chop job

Back