• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Thunder AC6 Charger (help)

Jeepster77

Hey guys/gals I just recieved a Thunder AC6 Dual Power Charger, and a Gens Ace 7.4v 4000 mAh 2s 25c Hard Case LiPo. I'm new to LiPo batteries and advanced chargers I read the manual that came with the charger and didn't really understand how to use it. Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I just need to know what the settings should be,and with this being a brand new battery is there anything I should do differently?

i have this charger too and its awesome.... so plug power cord of battery into charger and plug the balance plug in too...

settings..

you can hit the red button and it will change your "mode" so between lipo charge, lipo balance, nimh batts, nicd batts etc... set it to "lipo balance 7.4v 2s" and for amps i'd start low if its a brand new battery something like 3-3.5amps... once your happy with settings push and hold green button it will beep and ask you to confirm push green button again and it'll start charging..

thats pretty much it.."thumbsup"

Thanks so it will charge it to the peak mAh on its own?
Yes, it may "stop short" or "go longer", the charger is looking for a specific voltage change to show the pack is full.

After the 1st charge, charge your 4000mah pack at 4Amps (same as "1C") and it should take ~1 hour after the pack hits the LVC on the ESC.

it will charge up to the battery mah it may go shorter or longer but it gives it a full charge. i agree after the first charge crank the amps to 4"thumbsup"

charging a nimh is basically the same... change setting to "nimh charge" and plug battery in and push and hold the green button and it starts charging...

If you want a nimh to last a long time, unlike the Lipo, it is best to fully discharge it before charging. You will find that the Thunder 6 has a discharge/charge mode, if you use this mode for the nimh's they will stay healthy for a longer time then if you just use the charge only mode.

Thanks guys for all the help but I have one more question do the Gens Ace batteries come charged from the factory?
I am waiting on battery connectors to arrive so I don't know and I don't want to try and charge it without knowing

Lipos - They come charged for storage, you will see a storage mode on your charger, if you're not going to use your batteries for a while it's a good idea to keep them in storage mode. I always bring mine up to storage after use, and only fully charge them when I know I'm going to run them. If you take good care of your batteries they last a long time without puffing or dropping a cell.

Well I thought that was all I needed, but I ran my Nimh battery today and when I got back I went to charge it nd all is well for about 5-10 minutes then it goes off and a message comes up "INPUT VOLTAGE ERROR". Can anyone help me with this?

Well I thought that was all I needed, but I ran my Nimh battery today and when I got back I went to charge it nd all is well for about 5-10 minutes then it goes off and a message comes up "INPUT VOLTAGE ERROR". Can anyone help me with this?

The error means that the input power fell below the chargers cut off. What are you using to power the charger?

The error means that the input power fell below the chargers cut off. What are you using to power the charger?

I just plugged it into the wall outlet.

1-The wall outlet circuit died (breaker tripped), plug a light into it and see if it still works
2-Bad connection to the charger/charger power supply
3-Charger power supply died

It has nothing to do with the battery pack.8)

I plugged it into a different outlet and I still get the same message with both batteries all connections are good so I'm lost...

Back