• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The start of the Colorado 2012/2013 Winter Series #1 Horsetooth Reservoir 10/21/2012

MODERHATER™
Alrighty everyone are you ready for the start of the 2012/2013 Colorado Winter Series?!!

Well here we go to Horsetooth Reservoir in Fort Collins, Colorado!

ht6.jpg

ht2.jpg

ht4.jpg

ht3.jpg

ht5.jpg

ht1.jpg

Best way to get there from Denver is:

Merge onto I-25 N / US-87 N toward FT COLLINS
Take the HARMONY exit (exit 265) - Turn LEFT (West) onto E HARMONY RD(CO-68 W ROAD)
Continue to follow HARMONY RD(CO-68 W ROAD) This will have some curves but don't turn off of HARMONY.
HARMONY RD (CO-68 W) becomes CR-38E. Follow this up the hill to reservoir.

From here use the map on below link. As you first get to the reservoir, you meet with CR23, here you turn Right or North. You should still be on the East side of the reservoir. If you turn South, you have missed the turn. Continue North along the reservoir and turn left at the T-in the road
(continuing North). You drive across one damn and continue to the parking area labeled Sunrise on the map (see link below for map).

http://www.co.larimer.co.us/parks/horsetooth_map.pdf

We will be using the Sunrise Day use area, park down by the gazebo. Parking will be $6 per car so please try to carpool. There enough room down by the gazebo for about 20 cars, so try to come early to get a spot, otherwise you will have to park up top. The comp spot is about 70 feet away from the gazebo parking area.

And all the usuals....

Registration and tech 8am, comp starts at 8:30.

All course will be 4 to 5 minutes with 10+/- gates.
Drivers will need be ready for their course.

We will have 2.2 Pro and Sportsman class setup first thing and will try to have Super and 1.9 setup at the same time to help speed things up. If you would like to come early and help setup courses please do!!

Rules:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nXkx2HavRHZ6Qe4QGKso4NaLJZVoKX8KL2jntT511pw/edit?pli=1
Judges Test:
2011 USRCCA Rules & Judges Test

Remember, EVERYONE will be judging! http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/colorado/406327-2012-2013-colorado-winter-series-information.html

-Series fee of $20 if you are looking to be included in the series scoring and the run for the Crawl-off and Nationals. Not required.

-Event fees are $5.00 per class, per event. Required to compete at the event.
Payout will be:
1st place=50%
2nd place=30%
3rd place=20%

Please post up if your coming and what you have to offer! "thumbsup"

Re: The start of the Colorado 2012/2013 Winter Series #1 Horsetooth Reservoir 12/21/2

Sweet!

Traded my work day with another guy at work so I will be making this one.

Hope everyone can come play toy trucks and have some fun.

I will be runnin 2.2 pro. ....
Nothing else.

JC
8)

Oh yeah, did I say bring scalers?

I can offer Ranger Rick a roll of TP! Will that work?

Last edited:
Re: The start of the Colorado 2012/2013 Winter Series #1 Horsetooth Reservoir 12/21/2

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet, I'll be there"thumbsup"

I can set a 2.2 course

I thought the world was supposed to end that day?

I'm in for the chance, an offering up 8"s of the finest chorizo.....:mrgreen:

6 min to make gate 3 wont do ya much good ya ex long hair hippy :flipoff: I really feel bad for you all, all the time I been up there this last week getting the setup just right.... ya'll can fight over 2nd place. Oh and the bonus climb I picked out, don't **** up or you better bring some swim trunks to retrieve your busted ass toy. :flipoff:

Actually you'll be fighting for first this time!! Good chance I won't be there!!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I said to hell with making money to pay bills and took today off to go play with toy trucks. Gonna spend all day pre I mean practicing/tuning.

I said to hell with making money to pay bills and took today off to go play with toy trucks. Gonna spend all day pre I mean practicing/tuning.

I'm sure Casey volunteered to go and keep you company :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back