• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The Shop Build

"thumbsup" Looking great!

Out of curiosity - what type of adhesive do you use with the smaller styrene like on your welder? I use ambroid and it seems to aggressive with smaller bits - but that could just be me not knowing how to use it right on the smaller stuff - still learning lots on this. :)
Thanks!

I use instant curing CA glue and tenax7r. Ill use the glue to crudely secure the pieces, then the Tenax to refine the joints.

Real nice work on your shop & accesories. Clicked on the link in your signature & looks like you may have an outdoor course? any thread on that? looked cool from what I could see.

I picked up this cherry picker from a flea market the other day. I love the picker, but the engine that comes with it sucks. So it's time to build one.

I used some scrap .40 styrene to make the block.

I then made the heads and drilled out the holes for the exhaust ports and plugs. Since this pic I painted it hammered grey Rustoleum.

And here it is after the gun metal textured paint. I've since painted inside the heads black so that if you look thru the ports you won't see white. This will do for the time being, but I see some Shorty Headers in the near future for this small block. I'll drill out some more holes for scale hardware to bolt on the headers when I get to that point. Next step, start on the intake and carb setup.

A little welding to do yet on this intake. I used a 3mm white LED to make the "wand" with. So after I tuck a 9v into the welder itself it'll look like a MIG. I still have the ground clamp to make yet, but you get the idea.

So the builds are getting bigger and it seems like the "shop" is getting smaller everyday. I picked up some large pieces of foam board yesterday and lined the floor with some adhesive backed vinyl for drawers/cabinets. Then I pulled all of the goodies from the old shop and stuck them in the new one.

The Cherry picker is being painted red at the moment. This shop is twice the size of my old one. Here's a pic with a Wroncho I slapped together for a trail run. Like I said, it's big.

Back