• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

***The Oregon Voodoo Tire Review***

You are using the word "we" so much in this thread that I feel like your my professor and I'm in Tireology 101. :ror:

Great write up so far! Nice video too. We like those a lot... so keep them coming "thumbsup"

Lol sorry, we equals, SDS, fallout and myself. 3 pairs of eyes watching the tires work and combing our thoughts and experimentations together into one.

I'm just the computer geek putting our findings together haha

Lol sorry, we equals, SDS, fallout and myself. 3 pairs of eyes watching the tires work and combing our thoughts and experimentations together into one.

I'm just the computer geek putting our findings together haha

You have great mentors.

But let tests them againt a real tire. Rover whites.

I don't personally think the disc is what is needed. Filling the tire properly while keeping the outside soft and staging the center medium is key. The thickness of the soft ring versus the height of the medium inner is what I am focusing on.

But, we do plan to try several scenarios and different foams this saturday. SDS said they don't perform nearly as well on his indoor rock as we had hoped. In fact, they are struggling. This could be due to several factors, all of which we plan to tackle this weekend. Having three similar trucks really aids in trying several setups at once.

I personally think the golds may be to soft for high traction areas such as apple valley. On a boss claw we shaved the sidewalls to keep them from biting and pulling us in directions we didn't want to go. The golds are so darn sticky (a good thing) even with the shaved sidewall they want to grab those particulates we want to scrub against. This may simply come down knowing what compound we need to use where, or by simply getting the tire worn in and an ideal foam setup.

What width wheels is SDS running? I've had very luck with anything under 1"...not enough contact patch for me.

Last edited:
I personally think the golds may be to soft for high traction areas such as apple valley. On a boss claw we shaved the sidewalls to keep them from biting and pulling us in directions we didn't want to go. The golds are so darn sticky (a good thing) even with the shaved sidewall they want to grab those particulates we want to scrub against. This may simply come down knowing what compound we need to use where, or by simply getting the tire worn in and an ideal foam setup.

My set came in today, so we'll see how they work in Apple Valley soon :mrgreen:

You have great mentors.

But let tests them againt a real tire. Rover whites.

We haven't touched a rover in some time :lmao: The boss claw has been the go to tire for sometime. I haven't changed my tire setup minus foams for about 3 years. The voodoo finally convince me to try something new.

What width wheels is SDS running? I've had very luck with anything under 1"...not enough contact patch for me.

Same as myself at 1". I listed the details of his setup in the first post for those whom may have missed it.

My set came in today, so we'll see how they work in Apple Valley soon :mrgreen:

Thats good news Jake! I would love to hear your findings. Which compound(s) did you get?

After testing them at the spot the video was taken we have very high hopes. There is a good chance the foam setup that John was running simply needs changed to run on his rocks. IT was for sure a quickly thrown together setup as we weren't planning on him running them. However, the difference in traction was so noticeable he got tired of waiting :mrgreen:

As I mentioned, Saturday will be another tuning session. Only this time it will be on rock and lines we have played with for a long time. We know what the rigs will do on these rocks, how they will do them, and the lines they can or cannot make. This will keep things neutral and allows us to strictly concentrate on foam tuning.

I will be filming again and will be posting our finding on the first page when I get time. We have a state comp sunday so it may not be as quick.

We haven't touched a rover in some time :lmao: The boss claw has been the go to tire for sometime. I haven't changed my tire setup minus foams for about 3 years. The voodoo finally convince me to try something new.

I didn't see any thing about the blue's. Did you only test gold

Well written and documented very informative it's a very nice piece it's got me interested and l've been running the exact same tire/foam combination for about two years. My rig is heavier than either of yours so my higher CG will produce a little different result but I'm defiantly going to give some Voodoos a try.

Thank you, the tires work great. I have since started cutting the voodoo's down so I can run them no matter my loation. Silver's cut to equal BC width and a 1/4" taller are the bees knees!

Hey man,

Bringing this back from the dead....what foams did you end up having the best luck with on these tires?

Setting up a MOA XR10 to get out and mess around with and would like to get it close out of the box, sounds like you have a lot of time messing with these.

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Dual stage comp cut inners and soft outers up front. Dual stage comp cut inners and medium outers in the rear. All from Crawler Innovations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man!!

Looks like you have come a long way since I have been away from the game. Checked out your site, looks good.

I want to get some knuckle weights ordered up from you in the next few days and maybe get out to a comp soon.

Sean

Back