• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The Money Pit

4wdbowtie

Rock Stacker
This is my Wheely king (money pit) i got for christmas last year and so far i've upgraded the servo, motor, tires, and hex hubs. I also made body clips from my mom's bobby pins. ;-)

LYYOcQel.jpg

Stock body primed and painted on outside with custom rust paint
0wwpQIKl.jpg

Traxxas 2075 high torque waterproof servo with hot racing servo mount
LK7Rl2Xl.jpg

Axial ripsaw mounted on 2.2 renegade wheels
SpR0CR7l.jpg

bokEwRQl.jpg

Flex!!!

I got most of this stuff off of ebay. ;-)

I brought my truck to school today and decided to drive it during lunch break. Well I was outside and driving it around the parking lot and I hit a curb full speed and my front drive shaft just fell to pieces and my top tranny gear decided to bust. well I guess its time to upgrade...

Looks pretty good man. I usually try to keep a few extra dog bones with me. Until I go to universals that will be the weakest point on the truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

if i had a nockle for every time i think i shoulda kept mine i could have a few wheelie kings by now.lol

Yea im not selling mine for anything, I keep thinking of selling it but I just love it to much! lol

I wrecked another set of stock gears a week ago, and Rc4wd finally got the hardened steel gears in stock so I ordered a set. now I have to wait even more... :(

save up for a better rig , the WK has a shitty design. if you like to tinker than the wk is for you . if you wanna run go Axial

Put a slipper clutch in that tranny man its no more than $30 to do the swap it I'll save your gears n at the guy above me your right if u wanna tinker get the WK, but If u wanna be diff and make your WK better than an axial rig get one and tinker. or if u wanna fit in with everyone else get a axial....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The stock trans has a slipper built into the trans. There isn't anything wrong with the design of the crawler king. You just need to know how to drive it.

What motor are you running? You will break less if you go to a crawler specific motor like a 55t or 45t.

I own both an scx10 and a wk. And I'm running a trinity 19t and I'm more into speed and bashing than crawling.

Your right but its called a clicker clutch and horrible design. I put an actual slipper clutch set up which is more convenient and a lot easier on ur drive train. I think I know how to drive if I can out crawl axial rigs.... The RC4WD gears are cool I have set but it elimates any type of clutch n will bind up your truck bad in tight spots n that's when u start breakin stuff...

There is not really a need for a slipper unless you are running big power or smash your truck into holes and put all your power onto one tire. The original axial trans was locked with no slipper.

There is a big need for a slipper... but I guess its just ones preference vs another. Also the new axial rigs do have a slipper and theirs a reason for that...

My orignal set of tranny gears I locked the slipper then they broke, and last set I left it open and they broke idk how but they did. I've got the steel gears just not at my dads house I'm gonna install them this weekend at my moms lol

The only time I every broke gears was when I ran brushless but the wk isn't set up for that so steel gears will fix that.

Back