• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The-Gamer's Boomracing/Team Raffee Co Land Rover Defender 110

the-gamer

Quarry Creeper
Hello there!

I bought one of this a long time ago. Chassis from Boomracing (no wheels nor shocks) and body from Team Raffee Co.

The intentions with this one were to make a simple work rig.

Begining with the chassis, this was design to use 90mm shocks but I am stubborn and wanted a lower stance and used 80mm shocks instead. Because of that I had to cut some sort of shackle mounts because thay made this chassis suitable to use leafsprings... I don't know... Need to cut the other side to get full steering. Also had to fidle with the panhard. There is a lot of play in the drive shafts but I can live with that. In conclusion, it's an ok chassis.

About the body, it is very detailed and it must be me, because my doors don't close very well... I don't know.
Inspired/copying by aar0nsw0rksh0p Singapore Armed Forces Land Rover Defender (go check it! It's awesome! https://scalebuildersguild.com/forum/showthread.php?28021-Singapore-Armed-Forces-Land-Rover-defender) specially in terms of weathering and the materials used, I weathered mine using a mix of oils, paints, brushes, tissues, sponges, fingers, etc! And I'm very happy with the results!
Them I filled it with doolhouse stuff and went for a ride!

9kVHVWfl.jpg

nobIgv7l.jpg

F2efpKLl.jpg

MzpU3aol.jpg

apI1BEWl.jpg

EwWjRWZl.jpg

fuD3vnhl.jpg

SbzFalsl.jpg

CdcVvaWl.jpg

3qImc6jl.jpg

RQs1sdel.jpg

iQVtl5il.jpg

5u9d60Cl.jpg

YZhYMhll.jpg

o1E51lkl.jpg

bJgTLp5l.jpg

HwHiZohl.jpg

M8aBPfTl.jpg

qzwB2ucl.jpg

w8t5tPQl.jpg

qplCgBHl.jpg

9JIWb7Ul.jpg

EQ1GHHIl.jpg

49vTPRkl.jpg

hDnEIVLl.jpg

DwPJjTGl.jpg

0emlRK3l.jpg

wNGEzRxl.jpg

toPiFOLl.jpg

CsrR38wl.jpg

UxMHFxtl.jpg

jGUYpKZl.jpg

mWzXwrDl.jpg

iqeKdzll.jpg

SfDTPTSl.jpg

MMQb4zRl.jpg

cOVsvHpl.jpg

N7yMXjjl.jpg

XynE7Knl.jpg

uOHsELWl.jpg

That's it!

Now I need to install the license plates and badges. Overall, a fun build and a lot of fun to run and to take pics!

Back