• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

The Fleet is Growing - TRX4m Defender

Gramps

Rock Crawler
Last week I preordered a TRX4m Defender to round out the fleet. Figured it might show up sometime between now and the end of the year but the LHS called today saying it had arrived. So the wife and I went for a little drive and picked it up.

The plan, plan being the code word here, is to leave this one stock, though I will probably use a paint pen and paint the headlock rings silver.

Checked for the hiccups that others including myself noticed on their TRX4m's such as the tires rubbing the steering link and the wheels clogging or stopping at full turn. The Defender didn't have any of these issues. Sure it had nothing to do with it being a Defender. My guess it that it was built on a good day in China.

I have a full set of bearing and now I'm trying to decide which one to install it into. Probably wouldn't be a good apples to apples comparison as I put crawler gears in the Bronco.

i-MmGnWj2-M.jpg

Just couldn't leave well enough alone just had to do something with those black wheels. Took a silver Sharpie and did a little paint work.

i-PKCFGfn-M.jpg

Damn lucky!!! I pre-ordered mine in about 3 days after announcement, no idea when I'll see it cause Traxxas can't even figure out wtf happened to the one that was supposed to go to my LHS.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Nice Gramps!"thumbsup"

I'm hoping to add a Defender to my garage once these become available again.

That gray is lighter than I thought it would be. It looks good.
It's sold as silver, go figure. . . .

Damn lucky!!! I pre-ordered mine in about 3 days after announcement, no idea when I'll see it cause Traxxas can't even figure out wtf happened to the one that was supposed to go to my LHS.

I got both of mine from Mark Twain Hobby in St Charles

Nice Gramps!"thumbsup"

I'm hoping to add a Defender to my garage once these become available again.

I put the Defender on preorder at my LHS about a week ago. Im guessing they got them yesterday but when I was there I didn't see any on the shelf.

Pretty much leaving the Defender stock. I did put some DJCrawler wheels on it. Had to make my own rings to get the stock tires to fit.

i-2t4Jc96-M.jpg

I have also added an interior to it. Spent way more time than necessary getting it right.

img]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-J4WggMj/0/c967ceb7/M/i-J4WggMj-M.jpg[/img]

i-ZFMDXh4-M.jpg

img

Got mine off another member that grabbed the same one from same place, decided it wasn't his thing. Mine still hasn't appeared at the LHS over here in Overland. Hopefully the metal diff gears and light kits show up soon though.

Liking those wheels.
4185c7df188dc06ad236939dd8932db8.jpg

I saw the LHS in Overland listed on the Traxxas site. I have 2 LHS down here in So County but Mark Twain in St Charles has a better selection. Because of the drive I normally just order online. I put mine on BO and was surprised that they called a week later and had it for me. I do see that parts are starting to show up online.

The Defender needed a display stand

i-R7kN76j-M.jpg

i-9ZBj9FC-M.jpg

It's also legal to drive now, no more ditching the cops. :)

i-C9tXm8R-M.jpg

Nice display stand! And looks like you also have a nice little playground for the TRX4-m's too!;-)

Nice interior too! I'll have to get that one downloaded and printed out for my newly purchased Defender body.

Nice display stand! And looks like you also have a nice little playground for the TRX4-m's too!;-)

Nice interior too! I'll have to get that one downloaded and printed out for my newly purchased Defender body.

The display stand will be available on Cults3d too. There will be 3 versions, TRX4m, Bronco, Defender

The Playground was originally build for my SCX24's but the TRX4m's work on it too. I have an outdoor one too. I'm now printing some obstacles for a portable course or change up the outside course. Originally made for the Kysoho Mini-Z that I scaled up 120% could use a tad more for the TRX4m but it still works just a little more challenging.

Back