• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

TF2 Project

rovot

TF2 Project - Axial Roll Cage update...

Bought a Trailfinder 2 cause I loved the rig after I saw it online last January while researching about crawlers. I said to myself I have to buy that truck. The body is detailed compared to the lexan bodies. I like putting on details since I came from 1/6 scale military action figure collection. Now I've put that hobby on hold cause I've been going crazy and enjoying my time in this new equally addicting hobby.

Anyways, here's the TF2 when I purchased it last February.

m2McPkv.jpg

The color was nice, but I said I need to personalize it to make it my own. So I looked for inspirations online and found this cool photo.

d4zTrad.jpg

Started out by removing the old paint with a graffiti remover, easiest method to remove paint. Really worked well I must say.

wRlT5QT.jpg

aiWggNq.jpg

Body primed and first layer of paint

kSkeU6j.jpg

Decals and a few datails, rust, weathering...

Made my own side decals with reflective vinyl.

Gy57JBR.jpg

9MlvbOX.jpg

I've since changed mags and put LED's on it, will post updated photos as I go along. haven't mounted the body yet, and needs an interior. I'm planning and saving to get the awesome detailed interior on ebay, but may take awhile, so I just sprayed matte clear on the windshield to conceal the bare interior. :lmao:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Nicely Done! I Just built one of my own... Its sweet how you added the wear on the paint! It'll get that after a few good runs anyway though! Nice work!

Thanks guys! ;)

@littlebuddha I'm lucky enough to work at a sign shop, so we have this machine that prints and cut so I just make my own decals just like this:

URW9J4M.jpg

@tomvaillencourt lol, I know it will get that scratched and all, I just went ahead to lessen the agony on seeing the first scratch on a freshly painted body.

cheers!

Last edited:
Here's a few of mine. Finally finished now that I installed my gmade steel wheels and some killer decals.
u7etuvyv.jpg

uny7e3e5.jpg

ebe9avaq.jpg

pa5ana8e.jpg

Thanks again for helping me finish this.

Was planning to place the Honcho cage on the bed, but my hobby shop is out of stock, so I ended up experimenting with my Rubicon Roll cage instead. Here's what my DIY poor man's roll cage ended up. I cut off parts and used .6mm Styrene channel and shoo goo'd it on the truck bed.

just ordered and waiting for the Dinky RC interior, rear bumper, snorkel and a light bar to add on to the truck

1ILRygSl.jpg

CbRmFAil.jpg

fE0QrAYl.jpg

n1kmTBGl.jpg

It suits my hilux driver/owner on a budget. :D

Last edited:
hey SCRPNBY, Great trade we had. Thanks, your scx10 on the otherhand will be used for a nikko jeep TJ. Yeah, post your TF2 soon. :D

Back