• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tekin Roc 412 questions.

willydethblow

So I'll be running a tekin Roc 412 in my wraith with a mamba max pro. First question is this going to be a capable crawling setup with some good speed? Secondly what gearing should I be running with this combo?

This is my first ever kit build and I'm quite excited. I just got into rc about three months ago so I really don't know much haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will crawl fine, speed on 2s won't be fast, 3s will improve in that.
What pinion spur are you starting with ?

Hang up and Drive

I can't remember off hand but what ever came stock in my kit

Current builds
Axial scx10:2
Traxxas rustler
Axial wraith

MMP + 3100kv, 3s, stock 32p gears, and 10.2 axles. Way more than enough wheelspeed but still plenty of finesse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wraith sucks at speed so I wouldn't go much more than a 3100kV. The ROC412 is an awesome motor. I have the 3100kV in my Bomber.

The Wraith sucks at speed so I wouldn't go much more than a 3100kV. The ROC412 is an awesome motor. I have the 3100kV in my Bomber.

Nice nice. Yea the dude at my local hobby shop recommended it and I trust him I just wanted to see if there was anything to change

Current builds
Axial scx10:2
Traxxas rustler
Axial wraith

I'm volted up/geared down with a 3s on my 3100kv/mmp combo. It crawls great and it's about 9lbs or so. You will very happy with your choice!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I got a 412 3100kv just because most people said it would be the "best" motor. I was pretty disappointed with the speed and especially how much it was. I then got a stubby 540 3300kv holmes hobbies in my opinion was a nicer motor its a little faster than the 412 and just as smooth if not smoother. I am now running a castle 1410 3800kv censored motor, I like this motor the best so far. Its faster, smooth and comes in a 5mm motor shaft I think it was a little over $80

Back