• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tekin BXR Issues

Verboten77

Rock Stacker
I am having an issue with I believe my Tekin BXR ESC in my SCX10 III.
It has
Tekin BXR Esc
Tekin T30 Pro Motor
Castle 10 AMP BEC
Futaba RX/TX
Savox whatever (High torque)

I built an SCX10 III Kit when they came out. I only messed with it enough to make sure everything was working (dig, hi/lo trans) then it sat on the shelf. My son wanted to go play with RC cars so I got that an my brushless SCX10 II out. I wanted him to use the III because it is brushed and a bit slower. I drove it out of the house and about 6 feet out of the garage is just stopped. It seemed like it happened when I switched the tranmission. Steering still worked, I took off the cover and the dig and tranny was moving in an out. I turned the tires to see if it was locked. I turned everything on and off, but still no luck.

I took it back inside and the ESC I believe was showing 1,3,5 led which means low Battery. I checked the battery it was 12.4v (3s). I can not find my hotwire, so I started poking around. The Esc would show rev and forward throttle LEDs and when you first tried it the motor would glitch just the slightest. I pulled the motor and couldn't see anything obvious. Then at some point the motor just kicked on, I turned off the esc switch, nothing and had to pull the battery. I tried plugging the battery in and the motor now immediately kicks on full throttle. I have pulled the connecter from the RX, still starts with battery connected. I took off the pinion so I could look at the esc when I connected the battery. The ESC is showing it is getting Rev/Fwd trigger position but the motor is just full blast fwd.

Would a blown/fused cap do this? The ESC broke? This is the second BXR that has been in this, last one I blew up because reverse polarity (did not check my pigtail the colors were backwards). I have not done brushed motor in 25 years and wanted to mess with them and save a buck, I am thinking I should have just bought brushless.

Teakin Bxr is pricy, hobbywing 1080 is only $40.

Try to update the firmware in the esc, or reset it.

Or try calibrating the esc.

Definitely bizarre, but I never owned that esc.

Also disconnect the servo and bec, just to rule them out. A bad servo is known to be capable of causing strange esc behavior.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I disconnected all the servos. If I find my hotwire I will hook up the ESC and see if that tells me anything.

I threw my hands up and just ordered a Mamba X with 2850k slate. I did not go thought route last time because I think they were out of stock and more expensive. Maybe I will revisit brushed some day.

Back