• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Tamiya / RCChannel wheels fit SCX10? Building a scale Rubicon.

Autotechnica

Hey guys,

I have 3 CC-01 scale rigs and I've just purchased an SCX10 roller chassis on ebay with a proline wrangler unlimited Rubicon body. I'm honestly looking for a scale shelf queen so I'd like to make this thing look as scale as possible. I have the RC channel aluminum wheels on my Taimiya rig and I'd really like to use them on my Axial. Are they compatible? I've searched everywhere and there's no information on Axial wheels or fitment. All I can gather is that they use 1.9" rims. Are they 12mm hex? Do they use the same pin system to secure the hub as Tamiya does? The RC Channel wheels secure their own custom hub through the pin and do not use Tamiya's 12mm hex hub. The wheels then bolt onto the custom hub through 5 seperate wheel bolts. The Axial wheels look too tall and the offset seems too wide for a true scale look. Especially since I think the proline body is quite a bit narrower than the Axial rubicon bodies. I'd be looking to put some 90-100mm tall tires on it and drop the suspension.

Here's my custom CC-01. This is actually the boom racing Rubicon body which was made for the Axial SCX10. I modified the hell out of it to make it fit the CC-01. I had to dremel away the whole interior and make custom mounts. In retrospect I should have just bought an Axial from the beginning seeing as how the CC-01 is independent front suspension and obviously not true to Jeep scale anyways.

untitled5_zpsesfg4gmh.png

untitled4_zpsx6jzumih.png

untitled9_zpsomdkyar3.png

Oh yeah, here's my real life size rig :)

12719637_10154565380126002_690400165061500901_o_zpsqnxuivlq.jpg

12710964_10154565380921002_7315873200575089007_o_zpsyluwkzle.jpg

thanks guys.

Bry

Last edited:
Yes the scx10 has a hex mounted over a pin style. In fact the only difference I see between the two is the stub is longer on the axial, more threads.

Back