• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

tamiya bruiser CR-01

Looks good. Glad to see you bought the winch. I'm planning a new front bumper to attach mine. I brought my truck to work with me and managed to get a few shots in a small gravel pit next to our camp. I'm hoping to get it to the top of one of the mountains to get some better shots.
So does the front drive shaft bind when both front springs are compressed?

got a chance to really use the winch, really is quite strong, well worth the $25!
IMG_0138.jpg
IMG_0142.jpg
IMG_0168.jpg
IMG_0167.jpg

Nice! Still waiting on a good first snow here that I can use the rig in. It did snow once already, but it was a Monday, had to work and by the time I was out of work the snow was melted.

new FJ40 BODY, luggage rack and light bar

i bought the proline light bar with the full intention to drill out the back, and pop in 5mm LEDs, i was not getting bright enough light from the 9V battery i was using, so i decided to use a 120mah 1 cell lipo battery (3.7V) i had laying around from a crashed cheapy hong kong mini helicopter. man are they bright! AND i can recharge the tiny VERY light battery! i also cut out a peice of aluminum screwed it onto the rack to protect the lightbar (i had read that the lights snap off on roll overs)
IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1262.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

action shots

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

well i tell you, this rig is becoming quite top heavy! with the roof rack, accessories, lights and battery and now a snorkel.
photo-7.jpg

photo-8.jpg

i also got some 2.2 proline super swampers, they are INCREDIBLE! weighted and drilled rims, these are unstoppable, best tire i have come across for mud, dirt, water, sand and rocks.

could have used the snorkel when i took the scx10 out for a swim!
IMG_1523.jpg

thanks nick.yes, the superswampers are HUGE! quite expensive, but well worth it! proline make a mean tyre!

Last edited:
a quick vid of some water fun:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oBpM81IZasE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

well after 3 years of submerging my CR-01, the tranny FINALLY seized! opened it up and several of the bearings were seized and fused to the shaft they were on.....ordered up a new built tranny of the bay for $60 and will drop that in. might try to rebuild the original tranny, we'll see. i am very satisfied with the robustness and longevity of this chassis, yea tamiya!

pretty durable overall. With repeated water runs you'd probably would have to break it down periodically to check on/re-oil the bearings to make it last forever

Things are looking good. I have the same winch on my over weight Wraith and it pulls it well. Never thought of throwing one on the Bronco. Never thought to use the snatch block either. I took the Sedonas off of the Wraith and tried them on the Bronco after reading about your super swampers, you're right, the right tire makes a big difference.

Things are looking good. I have the same winch on my over weight Wraith and it pulls it well. Never thought of throwing one on the Bronco. Never thought to use the snatch block either. I took the Sedonas off of the Wraith and tried them on the Bronco after reading about your super swampers, you're right, the right tire makes a big difference.

it really does, soft tyres with the right foams, your going anywhere!

Back