• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Sweaty Old PW

Man that paint is awesome! Great pics and great rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old PW looking great out on the rocks!

Love the TNT receiver box! Fits the look perfectly!"thumbsup"

On my way to YT to watch the vid!:)

Soldered some motor wires and 4mm connectors then mounted the motor and meshed my spur and pinion. Meshing these gears is one of my favorite parts of any build. There a brief but perfect moment of satisfaction when one captures the perfect union:)

Gearing : Spur and Pinion. As beautiful as that meshing may be, getting the gearing you like is no less satisfying. When I went to check some gearing charts I could not help but notice that my transmission was running a 48 pitch Spur! Whaaat! I always thought Axial transmissions ran 32 pitch exclusively. hmmm

Good news is I have a bunch of 48 pitch pinions but no spare 32 pitch. Found an 18 tooth hanging in the rack which has me running an 87T Spur and an 18T pinion. The pinion is, of course, a Robinson Racing Absolute. I will start here. Is anyone else running 48 pitch on their SCX10, what gearing are you running:?:

I think older axial trans were 48 pitch. I'm using the tranny out of my og scx10 2012 Jeep Wrangler in something else now. I've never had a durability problem with 48 pitch, this is just for fun and I'm not doing serious stuff with big power or anything, so it's been fine.

Amazing looking rig, very well done.

Man that paint is awesome! Great pics and great rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. I am super pleased with how it turned out. I don’t run with silver very often, but I think it suits the rig nicely
The old PW looking great out on the rocks!

Love the TNT receiver box! Fits the look perfectly!"thumbsup"

On my way to YT to watch the vid!:)
Awesome, thanks B! I am still old school here, no 3D printer just yet. This has been my best pic of the rig yet(reposted for the benefit of page 2:ror:(people like pictures))
smog-71996-albums4656-68730.jpg

I think older axial trans were 48 pitch. I'm using the tranny out of my og scx10 2012 Jeep Wrangler in something else now. I've never had a durability problem with 48 pitch, this is just for fun and I'm not doing serious stuff with big power or anything, so it's been fine.

Amazing looking rig, very well done.
Thanks, appreciate the insight and compliment. I have never had issues with 48p gears either. This is definitely my most quiet Axial trans yet.

Hey smog, anything new going on with this build? It is cool, hope it isn't becoming a shelf Queen. :mrgreen: "thumbsup"
Ernie

Hey smog, anything new going on with this build? It is cool, hope it isn't becoming a shelf Queen. :mrgreen: "thumbsup"
Ernie

Hey Ernie, nice to hear from ya! Nothing new on the PW of significance. Finished building and have simply been enjoying putting run time on it. It has been fun to drive. With the Associated Factory Team shocks and very similar electronics it feels remarkably comparable to my Enduro. As I look at them I realize just how similarly I have built them. I think I have found my preferences:ror:

Right now I actually have my WB2 Ascender Truggy on the bench. I am tearing down, re-greasing and installing the Treal OD gears in it. I want to see if I can get it to feel as planted as the other two I just mentioned.

Been running this rig pretty hard on the rocks and she's taken a few solid tumbles. Mostly just been knocking loose the head and tail light buckets, but managed to break a cvd on the Pro44 over the weekend. My local hobby store carries Incision, so decided to replace the cvd's with universal axles.

Busted SSD cv
smog-71996-albums4656-68816.jpg

New Incision universal

smog-71996-albums4656-68817.jpg

Cage paint has taken a beating, rocks are not forgiving in the least

smog-71996-albums4656-68818.jpg

I think it looks even better with some rock rash. Gives it that "earned its keep" kinda vibe.

So exactly what's the deal with shaft interchangeability with the SSD housings? Like does the centered version fit any "10.2" based shaft, but the offset pumpkin Trail King version only fits SSD offset trunion shafts?

I think it looks even better with some rock rash. Gives it that "earned its keep" kinda vibe.

So exactly what's the deal with shaft interchangeability with the SSD housings? Like does the centered version fit any "10.2" based shaft, but the offset pumpkin Trail King version only fits SSD offset trunion shafts?

Agreed, 100%.

These Incision Uni's definitely fit snugly into the Pro44 diff. it's a very nice. I imagine any other 10.2 based axle would into the centered Pro44 pumpkin as well. I had the same thought as you earlier. I know sometimes there can be issues with mixing parts from different fabricators. These are a nice fit though

The ssd offset axle shafts will not work in the VP offset axles or visa versa. Ive got a special made front axle n couldnt remember which shafts i needed. Had to have the VP shafts, found that out the hard way lol. The axle is based off the VP axle in the vs4-10 pro

The ssd offset axle shafts will not work in the VP offset axles or visa versa. Ive got a special made front axle n couldnt remember which shafts i needed. Had to have the VP shafts, found that out the hard way lol. The axle is based off the VP axle in the vs4-10 pro

The Incision shafts I used were specifically made for the AR44. Seems logical it should be a seamless fit.

Are there actually drivetrain parts that are compatible between the Trail King and VS410? I have neither rig, but always assumed the VP rig to have unique specs.

The Incision shafts I used were specifically made for the AR44. Seems logical it should be a seamless fit.

Are there actually drivetrain parts that are compatible between the Trail King and VS410? I have neither rig, but always assumed the VP rig to have unique specs.

The diffence smog, is in the offset axles. The ssd, if i remember correctly, is offset as far as the VP offset axles. As for the ar44 style, i believe they are pretty well all compatible.

Ive got a codyboy special front axle that was built from VP specks. I didnt think there was a difference in the offset shaft, so i bought the ssd ones. The short shaft was to long . Had to buy the VP ones lol. So ive got an extra set for the Petty Tribute truck (ssd trail king) that codyboy built.

Ive got electronics installed, have yet to run it lol

Wow, I can’t believe I’m just now finding this thread. Awesome rig smog, looks great out in the nature! Good lookin TNT box too. I like how you took a totally different approach with the PW body instead of cutting the fenders off and getting it as low as possible. Low trucks are cool, but everyone needs a high truck [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, I can’t believe I’m just now finding this thread. Awesome rig smog, looks great out in the nature! Good lookin TNT box too. I like how you took a totally different approach with the PW body instead of cutting the fenders off and getting it as low as possible. Low trucks are cool, but everyone needs a high truck [emoji1787]
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks SLN, I like the unique pieces in a build, even the little ones. Its running pretty much at what would be stock height. It performs well on the rock and trails I run around here. I am going to use a G-Speed chassis on my next build
The old PW is looking good with all the battle scars!"thumbsup"

Its taken the abuse like a champ:ror:

Back