• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

**SW33TS Dingo conversion to MONSTER ZOOKS FJ40 with 110mm lift kit and 2.2**

gymjunkie23

Pebble Pounder
DIAL UP COOK SOME 2MIN NOODLE:flipoff:

Hey guys just thought ill put up my build thread part by part
Im From Australia born in the Phillipines raised in New Zealand now living in Australia:lmao:

Here it goes
This is my 2nd rc crawler/scaler..My first one was as gv gladiator that was $700 it was one of the first rockcrawler rc to ever come out here in Aus..
So I did a deal with my mate that works in my LHS,swapped my $300 laptop for 1"thumbsup"..Was a real cool truck but quickly got over it,After about a week of owning it put it up on Ebay and sold it for $400..
DSC08683.jpg

DSC08682.jpg

Now many months have past i really started to miss the off-road side of rcs.. so I decided to either get an scx10 or the cr01...and I landed on the scx10 dingo RTR...And boy was a really happy with It I tried to remember how my Gv was and this thing is almost as good on rocks..
Mirror174.jpg

Mirror051.jpg

Mirror071-1.jpg

So now the bug has bitten me big time!!
First problem with the TR was the steering links..Its just a pile of ****
Chucked that in the bin and got a 3 racing alluminum links

Then I started to add scale acc..
Mirror056.jpg

Then after looking at other rigs on the Net I decided I wanted a REAL trucks body..So i grabbed a tamiya FJ40..Also changed the standard 27T axial motor with an HPI 45T PLATINUM edition damm good motor!!"thumbsup"
Mirror080-1.jpg

Mirror085.jpg

Mirror084.jpg

Mirror033.jpg

Mirror095.jpg

Then I went and grabbed a Proline Light bar all wired up to a tamiya TL01
Mirror003-3.jpg

Mirror013-1.jpg

Then My standard RTR servo shat itself so I want and grabbed a Hitec 645
Mirror001-2.jpg

Then after alot of thinking decided to mount things my way, way up high for all the water crossing I make..boy do I love water..
Mirror009-3.jpg

weeks and weeks have past and after driving with the hitec 645 and the 1.9 wheels/flat irons..
The Hitec 645 Has now shat itself also :twisted: too much water for its own good!..now the 1.9s were good but not up to my standards..So i was chassing some 2.2...
Ended up purchasing some HPI SPIKE carbon black wheels and Proline Hammers m3
SHERRYS329.jpg

Then It looked stupid on the rear as it was way to wide so I used my old Dingo rear fender kit..Also bought a traxxas waterproof servo see 3rd pic..
Mirror006-2.jpg

Mirror001-3.jpg

Mirror005-3.jpg

After about 5 months of driving this thing through mud/water/beach/sand/salt water I thought it might be a good Idea to strip it apart and rebuild/oil/grease everything so thats what I did took it all apart took me about 5hours..Greased everything with team losi diff oil..
Inside the axles were just CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!! POOIEEMUDDYSMELLYSTINKYSANDYYUCKSHI7 dipped everything in petrol brushed all the rust/grease/crap out of all the gears,bearings ..then used compressed air to blow it all off..back to new:lmao:

So put it all back what surprised me was all that abuse I havent stripped broken anything apart from 2 bearings starting to become rough.."thumbsup"

336351b7.jpg

4ab1de13.jpg

3cea32a4.jpg

It was amazing how smooth the whole truck was again it was like BRAND NEW AGAIN YAYAYAY

Then It was time to upgrade the shockies side of things...I Had a look on forums and saw the proline powerstroke shocks had very good reviews..but it was to simple or boring to me lol:flipoff: so I Bought some RC4WD 110mm spark comp shocks to give me that extra Sus travel and that lift I wanted.

Boy was I in for a treat..!! MEN WHAT A HUGE DIFF it can flex like a mofo!! I could climb like never before well worth it..And its not as top heavy as you think..

0d651b8a.jpg

91882437.jpg

this Is how she stands today right now taken 5min ago at 2am lol
SHERRYS332.jpg

SHERRYS334.jpg

Also bought a Hitec 965 for more torque when im not submarringggg my traxxas servo lol
SHERRYS333.jpg

Then I added some TB03D disc brake hub ventiled stye damm this things are $$$$$$$$$
Do you see what i see:flipoff:
Mirror004-2.jpg

Thats it for now Along the way I have changed the RTR esc with an xp200 from team asociated..Changed my motor to 45T HPI PLATINUM edition"thumbsup"..Wired up the arial on the rear for a more scale look.Im sure ive forgoten some things so yea...

More pics will be up of it on action with the new shockies

Heres all the parts list well most of it

$ Axial Scx10 RTR dingo
$ Hpi 45T
$ tamiya tb03D disc brake hubs
$ Hpi spike wheels matt black 2.2wheels
$ Proline hammer tyres m3 (super soft)
$ 3Racing aluminum steering links
$ Hitec 945 Servo!!
$ Traxxas 2056 waterproof servo
$ Tamiya tl01 light kit
$ tamiya bulbs..white with yellow fog lights..
$ proline roofbar light
$ scaler jerry can x2
$ scale recovery tools
$ spare tyre fully functional beadlocks with proline flatirons..
$ Team associated XP SC200 ESC (lipo combpatible)
$Stock axial am Radio gear
$ tamiya landcruiser 40 series body
$Axial pumped guards rear

Now my main goal was to make a rig that looks like a wild weekend comp truck with 39s muddies with a huge lift on it..i know some of you will say its not scale im a puss..but hey we all have are own thoughts I have built this truck to what I wanted and am very happy with it..now sadly truck is now up for sale and I might order a new honcho kit and a hilux body and make it really scale looking on 1.9 roklox..O WELL WILL SEE:lmao:

SPECIAL THANKS TO MY MATE FRED FOR HELPING ME THROUGH OUT THE ENTIRE BUILD!!

Last edited:
Bought some new parts for the rig...3racing bent alluminum links,Alluminum integy knuckles....and
Junfac Carbon steel driveshaft;););)all installed and runs shmick!!

191c7cf7.jpg

bc74af7d.jpg

More pics soon

Revieved some new goodies!>!>!>!>!
1.9 RoKloX.. on my beadlocks...

3c60a3ab.jpg

68a6840c.jpg

51b6d518.jpg

862be5b8.jpg

All fitted up,Adjusted my ride height.. :D
Its ok for trailing but I still like my 2.2 :eek:

Back