• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Steering Servo and Rod question

Alrighty, I'll give that a try and post some pictures around noon, hopefully that will allow for the same caster and radius with no locking out and with 100% EPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alrighty, I'll give that a try and post some pictures around noon, hopefully that will allow for the same caster and radius with no locking out and with 100% EPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You will likely need to shorten the tierod a little bit since the 2 "new" holes are a little closer together. Just spin a rod end in a tun or so.

I'll just tighten the rod end a little but like you said and that should be fine, it shouldn't have too much slack to take up.

A little bit of an update, I manipulated the rod ends and got the tie rod pushed back but I think the best way to go is the EPA adjustment, that's getting the most out of what I have for the time being. I am going to swap my knuckles and shafts at the start of the year, hopefully sooner. Thanks for all the help though.

Last edited by a moderator:
NP on the help from me."thumbsup""thumbsup"

I still say, move the mounting points and be covered.....

CHICKEN!!!

:lmao::lmao:

Yes, you will lose a bit of torque, but you will gain throw."thumbsup""thumbsup"

I never took physics, but I still grasp the significance.8)

gybyhata.jpg

I am late to the dance, but I just had a similar problem.

No matter what you do with your drag link in that location you will not get any more throw that direction. The drag link and knuckle arm are both straight as a string in line to the king pin, no where else for it to go. And you will run the risk of it going backward and locking out.

I had to flip the servo and make a new drag link. or even take the link to the other axle. You are trying to overcome the distance between the servo horn and axle. That is why everything works so well going the other way.

Hope that makes sense. The picture looks great in my head, but feel there was a miscommunication from brain to keyboard.

I am going to take a look at a different drag link set up, maybe just another bend would do it, hopefully. Otherwise I am happy how it is for the time being. No major comps or anything coming up so I'm going to set my time line for some new parts for after the start of the year.

But yes brain keyboard interaction was good ;) "thumbs up"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back