• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Spur gear for Phoenix

pchiumiento

Rock Stacker
I am wondering how big of a spur gear I can put in my phoenix kit, and it will still be very controllable for crawling, but also fast, hopefully fast enough to keep up with a two speed crawler. I have the TRX-4 & now the SCX10 III which are both to speed to try to keep up with in my Phoenix.

The motor I’m going to put in my Phoenix is the HH pull up pro V2 2700KV I have an 11 tooth pinion on it now but maybe I could change that.

Well, as a bigger spur makes the rig slower, I'd stick with what's on there. If you have a straight axle, it's going to be rather brisk on a 2700kv no matter what. I run an 1800 in my straight axle on the stock spur and pinion, and have never felt it wanting for speed.

The
I run stock gearing in my v3 phoenix, mamba x/slate 2850kv on 4s, n i keep up with my buddys scx10.3 just fine. Catch a rock or tree right n i can backflip it all day long

Watch "gspeed v3 phoenix backflip" on YouTube
https://youtube.com/shorts/g0hOx25AUmQ?feature=share

That’s what I want in with top speed, but how is your low speed control? Can you still crawl with that rig or is it just a trail rig?

The

That’s what I want in with top speed, but how is your low speed control? Can you still crawl with that rig or is it just a trail rig?

It crawls great, creeps right along pretty smooth. Its an all around great rig for crawlin, trailin, or just bombin along for the fun of it. Check out some other vids on my channel, itll give u a good idea of speeds n control

Back