• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Spring Rate Calculator

AC49

Rock Stacker
Hey Everyone,
I don't know if anyone will find this useful at all. But I created a little excel sheet that gives me the optimal spring rate based on the weight of my vehicle and how much static compression I want on the springs. It then gives me the best spring to use based on Traxxas and Axial parts. (will probably add more as time goes)

These are based on the 14x70mm springs.

If anyone wants it, it's here to download or use and if you make improvements all I ask is that you share it back here for everyone's benefit.

I have locked the sheet so that you can't accidentally change formulas. (no password)

You need to enter information into the orange cells. The weight of the vehicle is in pounds because I wasn't about to use newton metres for spring rates... (I'm canadian where a river is 4 metres across and 3 feet deep.)

So you put in your weight on each corner (or best guess) and your overall shock travel. I have set it up with the stock travel for an Axial SCX10ii which is 30mm approx. or about 1.2 inches.

You can also adjust (as a percentage) how much compression you want to sit at. I have started it at 50% with an 8 pound rig.

Please note that all the rig specs on the left are calculated based on what you put in for the 4 corner weight.

Also, it gives you the optimal spring rate based on your desired compression so you don't need to use the recommended springs. that's just for convenience.

If anyone finds it at all useful let me know. I did start playing around with it on a hypothetical basis but no real world experience yet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqxIroY6SugeA6t64FyWwiHriEVUerrN/view?usp=sharing

Back