• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Spots I've found

Hi all. I just got an SCX10 RTR after not being in RC for 15 years. I am having a blast in my back yard. I went down to browns woods park (west des moines) and just ran the trails and down to the river (sand) with my son. He loves running the jeep. I have a hard time finding time to get out too...usually it is 30 minutes in the back yard after work. I will keep an eye on the forums in case I see anything pop up that I can try. I might try the saylorville area sometime.

Awesome to hear ! let me know if you're ever in the mood to do an afernoon of crawling, I have an XR10 so i pretty much focus on rock chalenges as opposed to trail running, but i'm open to it all.
-Fred

The Coralville lake area near iowacity is a good place to crawl. If anyone is around the area drop me a line

Im getting back to crawling after 3 hard years of mostly racing, I wanna have some relaxed fun again. Got a new Axial G6 ordered and tearing down my old 1.9 K5 to make a 2.2 Pickup bogger. Gotta be ready for some trailriding for sure....that beings said the 1/8th scale buggy always gets throwing in too, hard to turn down a good natural jump if I don't have too.

Got to thinking, anyone who does some camping the campgrounds at Correctionville, Iowa have alot of nice timber around the camping spots with little undergrowth and some go natural obstacles. Might be a long ways away for some of you but figured I would fill you in.

Last edited:
;-) Whooda thunk that sum1 else from the IC area would be here! I'm just south of IC a short drive & cant wait til those CV res rocks are open from the snow & us of the freezing cold!
I'll be out looking at spots around Wellman, Kalona, Frytown this weekend since close to home & I'm getting closer to finishing my scaler.
Good to see a few other Iowegians on here!

Well getting some travel time in to check for potential spots to run this year is a bust, it snowed a few inches & now everything is just white. Don't think anyone wants to see pics of just white covered rocks or frozen creek beds :roll:

But this waiting is beginning to eat at my patience :cry:
I did manage to come up with bout 300lbs of rocks today of various sizes to begin building my back yard pile for my own sake of relaxation, still need a ton or 2 yet & I'm calling it a landscaping project.

Could you add the spots near Cedar Rapids to the map? The coralville spillway, etc.? I'll be up there for a month and would like to know exactly where to go!

Back