• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

speed question

Depends on battery and surface. It is a trail riding truck, so not fast stock.

There are a lot of ways to make it fast...just depends on how deep your pockets are and what you are looking to do.

The problem is the narrow track. You can speed it up as stated above, but it's a lot narrower than a Slash and a considerably higher COG.

stock, it moves about as fast as a brisk walk with a 6 cell NiMH or 2s lipo. expect a little more if you use a 7 cell hump pack NiMH (which is what I use). if you dare to try a 3s lipo with the stock ESC, you might be close to a jogging speed. but it's a crawler; it's not meant to be fast. although a little extra wheel speed is always good to have, speed makes these truck very unstable with a suspension set up for trail riding or rock crawling

As stated above, speed is all relevant. I have run the AE-2 on 3s without issue but it comes with a price. Driveline issues. The Driveshafts do not like 3s on a stock geared 27t motor.
Speed comes at a price. Just like a 1:1 rig, how fast is fast enough. Do I want 1100hp in my Subaru? HELL YEAH, but am I gonna use it? Almost never, and will it be cheap? Hell NO, will I break parts......DUMB QUESTION. These rigs run great on the stock motors for speed. I believe superbleeder is still running a Wraith 20t on his but does suffer with a little extra heat which he is observant of and maintanes regularly. Brushless might be the way for someone looking for speed, but remember the other parts that go with it. "thumbsup"

Back