• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

South Louisiana Crawlers?

Hi Y'all, I'm pretty new to crawling and RCCrawler.com. I'm driving a micro crawler and enjoying making alot of great back porch and backyard courses with natural and man made elements. I'm looking to maybe get a 1/18 crawler as well. There's a new local shop on the northshore I have to give word out to: Bayou Adventure in LaCombe. They mostly do basher and raving stuff and are making an indoor track. As things develop, maybe they can get some crawlers together for a crawler course/club too. I'm on the northshore in Abita Springs. Sounds like there is just a few of us. I hope things keep growing.....

Just found out there is a club with events over in Pass Christian, MS....not far from New Orleans and the Nortshore. Check out RC Outlaws on Facebook and Youtube.

I have found some decent, natural crawling terrain around the Abita River in downtown Abita Springs. Anyone interested in getting together to try a day of crawling?:)

I have found some decent, natural crawling terrain around the Abita River in downtown Abita Springs. Anyone interested in getting together to try a day of crawling?:)

I only have class 1 trail rigs, but if enough people are up for a gathering, I am too.

Sounds good. So far 3 of us. Class 1 rig would be just fine. It's got some nice, short hills, sand, dirt and roots on some short hiking trails around the river. Could be even more fun if we can construct some more sections ourselves. I have a Losi mini crawler I've turned into a scaler.

Sounds good to me, been out of the hobby for a little while, not many places or folks around me into RC anymore. Willing to make the drive from New Orleans to join you guys one day.

Happened in May. But monthly comps held the 2nd Saturday of every month.

10250 Old Sidney Rd, Pass Christian, MS 39571

RC Outlaws group on Facebook

I think there are some folks from the Lake Charles and Lafayette areas that attend.

Fairly new to crawling and RCCrawler. Located in Kenner right outside NOLA. Up for some travel to a comp every now and then.

Anyone have anything coming up?

Fairly new to crawling and RCCrawler. Located in Kenner right outside NOLA. Up for some travel to a comp every now and then.

Anyone have anything coming up?

There was a small scene around Gulfport with regular comps. They have a thread in the regional somewhere. Other than that I’m not sure of any groups.

Edit: Posted directly above your post.

Not sure if anyone is still active around here. But I'm not on fb. I'm currently in baton rouge. I got a vaterra ascender suburban

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Not sure if anyone is still active around here. But I'm not on fb. I'm currently in baton rouge. I got a vaterra ascender suburban

There’s a group that does a mild comp on Saturdays on the MS coast. It’d be a long drive for a day trip though.

Might be worth taking a trip for. I'm still green so it'd be nice to get some knowledge from others

They’re on Facebook. LOL. RC outlaws. They have a YouTube channel by the same name also. That’s about the only thing going really. Maybe a couple of guys in New Orleans that’ll meet somewhere but not much going. Especially this time of year. Now is when I usually tear apart a crawler and put it back together differently. Too hot to go outside. Today’s heat index at my house was 116*. It was 98* and 59% humidity and no breeze. I don’t even start outside chores until at least 5:30pm.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/203950043290808/?ref=share

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxGZtp3ey9ML_S2y7doETug

Definitely hot! Ran my drag car for a bit but its to hot. The little ones been driving the crawler so I'm keeping in running shape. But I'll get on my wife's fb and check them out.

I’m in Slidell. Used to have adrenaline hobby races out here but they closed down. I don’t have Facebook so don’t know the groups or meet ups. Thanks for the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back