• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Son of HELMET!

Nice use of the Sendero front bumper there! ;)

Fits like a glove doesn’t it."thumbsup"

Wow that looks great! "thumbsup"

Thanks Jato, It’s getting there.

Installed the ESC(Hobbywing 1080) and the Tx/Rx(GT3-C) and got everything trimmed out.

Think I’m gonna skip the shift servos for the time being.

May just add one to stiff from high to low?

We’ll see? :?:

Damn, that's fine - the detailing is killer, lights - mirrors - bumpers - protective cage work - wheels - and probably the best use of those Duratrax tires I've seen to date... "thumbsup"

(they tend to look oversized on other rigs)

Was wondering when someone would build out a rig with that body - spotted it on eBay some time ago, pretty good price considering what all comes with it!

Fits like a glove doesn’t it."thumbsup"

Indeed. It's just kind of hilarious to see someone intentionally putting it on a truck when the folks over in the Element boards seem to get rid of it as soon as possible because it's so clunky. But it looks so good on this truck!

Damn, that's fine - the detailing is killer, lights - mirrors - bumpers - protective cage work - wheels - and probably the best use of those Duratrax tires I've seen to date... "thumbsup"

(they tend to look oversized on other rigs)

Was wondering when someone would build out a rig with that body - spotted it on eBay some time ago, pretty good price considering what all comes with it!

Thanks, I feel like it’s coming together nicely. Just a few finishing touches, a few tweaks, and it’ll be ready for the trails.

Indeed. It's just kind of hilarious to see someone intentionally putting it on a truck when the folks over in the Element boards seem to get rid of it as soon as possible because it's so clunky. But it looks so good on this truck!

One man’s trash...

It’s alive! 🙄

We’ve had a really cold winter, lots of snow, and just miserable conditions the last few months.

Add that me my traveling quite a bit, being extremely busy, and dealing with some health issues, Helmet Jr has been sitting on the work bench without much attention from me.

But the LHS has an event planned for tomorrow so this afternoon I decided I’d better get my shhhhh... together. 🤣

So I finished soldering new plugs on the ESC and finished programmed it, soldering a connector to the light bar, found something to use as fuel tanks (Du-Bro airplane tanks) to fill in the gap under the doors, and then fixed, painted, and attached the canopy over the bed.

Anyways, it’s ready for tomorrow.

Hope to get some good pics. 👍🏼

Great turn out today, beautiful weather, and a cool new local.

Had a great time and Helmet Jr did pretty good being so top heavy.

But the Deep Woods tires impressed everyone, including me. 👍🏼

Back