• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Simon: Project Code Name: Fraxialstein

TheScaleAddict

RCC Addict
cephas-53744-albums3287-43809.jpg

"thumbsup" Meet Simon "thumbsup"

cephas-53744-albums3287-43808.jpg

:shock: Any guesses as how this is going to turn out??? :shock:

cephas-53744-albums3287-43805.jpg

Beef Tubes are en route for the front axle! "thumbsup"
Believe it or not, I'm not planning on dumping a butt load of money into this build.
I know, that's out of character for me. I just want to try new things. :ror: ;-)

cephas-53744-albums3287-43806.jpg

I'll be getting with Shon (R2J) to get some custom links for this monster.
As for tires, I'm leaning toward the 2.2 Pit Bull XOR's.
The 1.9's are really nice, but with the wider axle, I'm going to want more height.
So.... I'll either use the 2.2 Motoworx I have (Same Design as the 1.9's), or I may just try out the new 2.2 Pit Bulls.
That is, if they offer them in gunmetal or black. I just can't do raw. It's to blingy for my taste.

cephas-53744-albums3287-43807.jpg

Last edited:
Build Specs (Updated Regularly & Alphabetical by Vendor):

Simon started this journey as a stock SCX10 Honcho.

• Axial Heavy Duty Clamping Servo Horn
  • Axial Jeep Body & Cage Mated With Honcho Extended Cab & Bed
  • biggin69's Beef Tubes (Front Axle)
  • Castle Creations BEC
  • GCM Racing Last Lockers
  • Hitec HS-7954TH Steering Servo
  • Holmes Hobbies Waterproof BRXL ESC
  • Mad Skinz Safari Top
  • Motoworx Racing 1.9 10 Hole LE Beadlock Wheels
  • Novak Expert 45T
  • Pit Bull 1.9 Rock Beast II's
  • RC4WD Centered AR60 Axle Housing
  • Spektrum 4Chanel RX

Last edited:
Mounted the cage and bonded the jeep and the honcho body together. Now I can start work on bonding and molding the extend cab sides to the jeep sides.

I also removed the front fenders and cut out the mounting holes. I think it looks better that way. I think it matches the style of the honcho bed more than it did with the flares.

Last edited:
Here are a few pics. I used Methylene Chloride to fuse the bodies. It may cause cancer, but it's amazing stuff. I'll cut the excess off and sand it smooth. The extend cab bit will be a bit more difficult. I'm going to take my time so that it looks like it should.

cephas-53744-albums3287-43864.jpg

cephas-53744-albums3287-43865.jpg

cephas-53744-albums3287-43866.jpg

cephas-53744-albums3287-43867.jpg

Looking good Brian! Proves to be an interesting build for sure."thumbsup"

Alrighty... SCX10 Axles are off. Shon's (R2J) links worked out perfectly. They are really nice. I had to move the lower link mounts outside of the frame to make it work, but that's no big deal. The AR60's are on! I had a couple of new RC4WD Rock Crusher mounted to some different wheels that I used in studio shots for Motoworx Racing. I cut the lugs on both tires. Strangely enough, I like the mismatched wheels. They go with the mismatched body. I probably won't like that as much when I get the body work done and paint it one color. I was considering keeping it on 1.9's. I'm not considering that any more... :lmao: The 2.2's look SICK on it.

I would have taken some angled and/or strait on shots, but I need to pick up a couple more 2.2 Rock Crushers yet. I only had the two lying around. On a side note, the cuts will make the tires uni-directional! It should, in theory, pull itself to it's own center... like cutting a baja claw in half and mounting one side on the left and the other side on the right. :)

cephas-53744-albums3287-43909.jpg

cephas-53744-albums3287-43910.jpg

WOW Brian! You didn't waist any time did you:shock: Looking beastly!:twisted:

Back