• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Shortening Wheelbase - Clarification

westers151

Hi

I'm new to the hobby, and my grasp of the tech side is on the steep side of the learning curve.

One of the areas that I've been reading about (and doing a lot of searching,) is the benefits of shortening the wheelbase to improve the crawling capability.

Now then, in the threads I've read there's a lot of talk about using the shorter Wraith/Yeti trailing arms, but no mention (that I can find,) of how everything else at the back of the chassis needs to be modified, hence I'm asking for simple, clear guidance on this aspect.

My current thought process is as follows: If I use shorter trailing arms, that brings the rear axle closer to the body, and thus the rear bent links, the rear drive shaft, and the rear sway bar all have to be shorter. Is that a correct, logical deduction? If it is, is the answer as simple as use Wraith/Yeti trailing arms, rear bent links, and rear drive shaft, or is it more complex?

Thanks

I don't know about the sway bar but you will need new wraith top links. You can reuse the original driveshaft if you trim it.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input, and yeah the sway bar is probably the least important part.

When you say top links, do you mean the bent upper arms (that's what I call them)?

just for clarification the bomber trailing arms are the same length as yeti. wraith are shorter than bomber/yeti and twin hammers are the shortest overall "thumbsup"

Back