• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Seven's Truggy Build (pic heavy)

seven

Rock Stacker
I figured I'd start a new thread for the build itself.

I did find some HR Shocks that are in the mail and should be here shortly.

I'm trying to figure out what I should do as far as wheel-base.. see the pictures below.

As we stand right now:

1:25 scale USA Chevy body
Predator 90T Motor
Hot Racing 56T Spur Gear
Hot Racing Skid Transmission Plate
Hot Racing Beadlock Wheels + wheel weights
Hot Racing Shocks
Hot Racing Steering Drag Links
Hot Racing Servo/Batt Tray (not sure if will be used in the end)
Mini QLo Tires (I have super swampers and baja's if the look doesn't match)
BWD(?) Aluminum Wheel Extenders

All blue aluminum will be stripped and probably painted black or sanded down into a "brushed aluminum".

I'm currently widening the stock wheels and mounting the SuperSwampers for a back up.

I'll be using Stock ESC/Receiver/Transmitter until I see the need to upgrade ( I've been looking at the DSP4-SC.. if you guys have this lemme know how ya like it)

What batteries do ya'll recommend?

Here are the mock up pictures so far. The "frame" will be removed - it was just added for a mock up. I'm still searching 1:1 Truggys to use as inspiration.

I also found some awesome 1/24th scale accesories here, but I need some help finding a "driver" with a helmet on.. http://www.hobbylinc.com/plastic_model_vehicle_accessories

somehow I wanna modify this fan to create the "baja" type fan over the ESC or routed down to the motor(since it does get pretty hot) making this thing functional.

'

The picture below is the comparison between a widened stock wheel(on the left) and a stock wheel (on the right) and also the axle with the QLo's have the aluminum extenders on the axle. You can see the difference between the three.

R.I.P Chevy's old Truggy.

On another side project that I will not be doing much fabricating on - just throwing parts that are laying around together will be thiiiiiis guy.

Trail Trekker frame that I will modify and mess around with and the 1/20th Linderberg Baywatch Body on it.

Last edited:
Back