• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Setup Ideas For Crawling...

LBrown867

Ive got a Dingo and use it as a crawler. I have the XL-5 ESC, Duratrax 5000 2s lipo, traxxas servo and integy 35T. What can I do to it to make it have a good amount of torque and also have wheel speed when I need to get up the obstacle? Is there a good gear ratio for my setup or are the stocks good? Any advice helps!

They recomend going down to a 14 tooth pinion with the 87 spur for crawling. My biggest issue with the scx10 & crawling is the weight ditribution. Stock it is too top & rear heavy.
I put everything as far forward & as low as I could. Helped in climbing alot & stays on the wheels more.
SCX10naked.jpg

i dont have a scx-10 but want to say.. having 2s.. but not a 5000mah like u.. i see 2 things..

1 get a smaller lighter battery if your saying it is top heavy... my lil 3s turnigy 500mah (yes it is too small) is very light... drastically reduced the weight..

so not only smaller lipo... id say 3s... i never got to use a 2s.. i bought a (thought) 2s from lhs for $5 and he has 4 more.. i figured $5 i can buy it and see the difference between 2s and 3s.. but when i went to hook it up i noticed it was 3s...

so my huge 6cell nihm to this lil itty bitty 3s is night and day difference.. im gonna take some video of some things i couldnt crawl over before.. but now the extra jolt when i need it from 7.2v to 11v is WOW!!!

i know my ax10 supposedly came with a 20t and 14t pinion... but i only got the 20t on it.. to a 27T... i thought of a 14t before i went 3s.. now NO WAY!!! I dont really crawwwwwwwl and it is nice having that extra juice.. so u have 35t... id say.. go smaller 3s... (may need a cc bec)... say 1500 3s???

oh and im turning 2.2's.. stock ax-10.. so if you have say 1.9's then youd be geared down more than me in just tires... let alone motor...

Ive got a Dingo and use it as a crawler. I have the XL-5 ESC, Duratrax 5000 2s lipo, traxxas servo and integy 35T. What can I do to it to make it have a good amount of torque and also have wheel speed when I need to get up the obstacle? Is there a good gear ratio for my setup or are the stocks good? Any advice helps!

Your deffinition of wheelspeed may differ from other's. I run a 35 turn holmes hobbies torque master, and a tekin fxr esc with a 5000mah 7 cell mah battery. I have awesome torque and decent wheel speed. It's a little faster than a fast pace walk. 20/87 gearing is what I run and i like the combo alot. My buddy has a integy 35 turn motor, ae-2 esc and a 5000 mah 7 cell battery with 20/87 gearing and it still work's good. A different esc would be nice so you would have a drag brake. Do you know what gearing you have?

Back