• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo Horn interference

mewalsh100

I wanna be Dave
Anyone else experience this with their 1.9 Wraith? Left turn steering throw seems very limited by the chassis horn interfering with the chassis. Contemplating notching the chassis a bit to provide clearance, but don't want to create a stress riser there either. I even went with a shorter, Axial steering horn, but still tons of interference.:roll:

Attachments

• servohorn.jpg
    servohorn.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 224
What servo are you using it looks like its mounted really high. I'm using stock servo with the extra brace and still have almost 1/8" of clearance on the horn. I also wouldn't Notch that chassis too much chance of breaking with they are already prone to do. Here's min with brace full clearance and full lock.

I've had issues with this on other platforms not all servos are same height from mounting point to the horn shaft. May need to change you servo to one thats taller to clear the chassis.
936696ed47796447ecda26ba34ffe11d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It's an "off brand", hi-torque direct power unit. I may look at some of my other servos and do a swap.

I'm with the Dr. and ferp. I'd try to mount it from the bottom and see how it looks.

If companies would even include an inexpensive steel non clamping horn that’s the correct height, offset, length, etc for their vehicles there would be much less aggravation.

If companies would even include an inexpensive steel non clamping horn that’s the correct height, offset, length, etc for their vehicles there would be much less aggravation.

That would be great, but the problem is the servos themselves are all different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be great, but the problem is the servos themselves are all different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just another thing, like wheel offsets, that the hobby manufacturers should get together and standardise. Lol

Back