• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Servo for 2 speed gearbox

cooper_xl

Rock Crawler
I had this RC4WD Helios 2 speed transfer case for a while now:

Z-U0032-3.jpg

It is kind of big for most of my builds but now I think I've found the perfect spot. The thing is that I need a servo for shifting and I can't use a standard sized. What much torque should I be searching?

I mean, I've shifted og traxxas Emaxx transmissions with a standard plastic gear servo, and everything i own that has the ability to "shift" doesn't require a lot of torque to pull the shift fork. I'm thinking a small metal gear servo $10 will suffice.

I've got the agfrc b13dlm for shifting in 2 rigs. No trouble from either. I tried the Injora micro servos in my Phoenix to shift the twin. Also no trouble from those so far. I like that the Injora servos is a standard 25t spline instead of the smaller diameter most micros use but, being injora, I tempered my expectations. So far they've worked fine.

I also have an nsdrc micro that stopped working right. Seems to be a loose wire going into the case as I can hold the wire certain ways and it'll work. I didn't get it handled before the warranty period and I don't really feel like spending half the cost of the new servo to ship it and have it repaired so it just sits in the tool box.

Thanks for the quick reply. Can you provide the model name of the Injora? Injora must be the easier to get here, between your suggestions

Back