• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Sensoored brushless motor question

DrDiff952

Rock Crawler
Hi All. I got my first brushless motor, It is a GForce sensored 17.5 turn 2 pole.

The problem is that the sensor harness that came with it has two plugs the same size. Either end will fit the motor but neither is small enough to plug into the Mamba Max pro. This is going into a crawler so it HAS to have the sensor harness.

Does anyone know of a place to get just the sensor harness?

Thanks in advance.

Here is the port on the Mamba Max Pro..

20140810_084703_1.jpg

Here is the Sensor Harness...

20140810_084716.jpg

I don't know if it was plastic-dipped or not. Bought it used. This is my fitst steps into brushless. I'll grab an x-acto and clean out that port

I don't have the SCT version but I assume they are the same.
There are 2 tabs per side. There are 2 pieces to the case. Top and bottom. The bottom slides in and clips to the inner wall of the upper case. If its plastidipped you may need to cut it away to see the lines. There's a sticker that wraps around the bottom too, cut through that along the long edge at the bottom on both sides. Pull it apart at the seams. Done.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0fJYh8-vJU&list=UUlSUW_P1gWDGTQBir2aKTNw

Last edited:
Johnny were you setup as sensored or sensorless in castle link? I tried mine without harness in sensored mode (no harness) without load it eas smooth. Then changed to sensorless via castle link and it acted similar to your description. Again this was no load no sensor harness in both tests.

I haven't put the motor in the rig yet as it has 3.5 mm plugs abd my MMP has 4 mm plugs.
I have the 21.5T version of this motor that I got for my wraith. No matter what you do, there is no way that motor will run smooth at off idle rpm. I had super low gearing (spur/pinion/diffs), 40% throttle expo and even on only 2s, couldn't get it to smooth out.

Back