• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Scx24 lexus

I don't understand it.

It's a hard body on a micro rig, which in of itself doesn't make sense, but it's also a reproduction of a rig that isn't a popular trail machine in the US. Axial is out of touch right now and I think this is just more proof of that.

I don't understand it.

It's a hard body on a micro rig, which in of itself doesn't make sense, but it's also a reproduction of a rig that isn't a popular trail machine in the US. Axial is out of touch right now and I think this is just more proof of that.
I believe the GX470 is fairly popular. They are that sweet spot for people into Toyotas that is more capable and durable than the 4Runner but not as big and expensive as the Land Cruiser. You used to be able to pick up a nice used one for less than an equivalent 4Runner or Land Cruiser since people didn't realize the offroad potential of the chassis under that Lexus badge.

Nice body ... but those wheels

04994152-5887-4af6-a11b-fc0c6dcb98d4.jpg

I believe the GX470 is fairly popular. They are that sweet spot for people into Toyotas that is more capable and durable than the 4Runner but not as big and expensive as the Land Cruiser. You used to be able to pick up a nice used one for less than an equivalent 4Runner or Land Cruiser since people didn't realize the offroad potential of the chassis under that Lexus badge.
I'm not one bit surprised about the off-road capabilities because Lexus is just a fancy Toyota (yes, that's extremely oversimplified). I Binged "Lexus GX trail rig" to see what I got. The first two results were this Axial SCX24. LOL There are some really sweet builds out there though.

2007-lexus-gx470-34-7[1].jpg

I dig this release actually. I'm more interested in the body and will probably pick it up separately. I actually think this is good since I hope it's a gateway into the Toyota/Lexus overlanding world. I'm tired of Jeeps. Give me more Toyotas and Chevys.

GX470 are actually popular in overlanding I think. I think most pick it up because of the v8 as opposed to the 4runner with the v6.

26722054d67a488c122b43507a7998cc.jpg

I don't understand it.

Axial's right on the money.

People are constantly putting static model bodies on the SCX24's, and have been since the first one came out. There's a huge community of Lexus/Toyota enthusiasts who are converting and overlanding in these Prado's. Not only that, it's a direct exclamation that Axial's got a Toyota license, which, likely means a lot more cool stuff coming down the pipe.

Axial's right on the money.

People are constantly putting static model bodies on the SCX24's, and have been since the first one came out. There's a huge community of Lexus/Toyota enthusiasts who are converting and overlanding in these Prado's. Not only that, it's a direct exclamation that Axial's got a Toyota license, which, likely means a lot more cool stuff coming down the pipe.
At least it's not another Jeep. But second behind Jeep, we have enough damn Toyota bodies. Every other scale truck has a TF2 body. And I like those bodies. Maybe Axial will throw us a curve ball and make a 1/10 Toyota.

At least it's not another Jeep. But second behind Jeep, we have enough damn Toyota bodies. Every other scale truck has a TF2 body. And I like those bodies. Maybe Axial will throw us a curve ball and make a 1/10 Toyota.
Yes we have enough "OLD" Toyota bodies. I'm hoping this is the gateway to modern Toyota bodies. If they now have the license to make 1/10 modern gen 4runners, land cruisers, tacomas, overseas hilux, etc... I'm all for it. I'd even welcome a modern RAV4.

Yes we have enough "OLD" Toyota bodies. I'm hoping this is the gateway to modern Toyota bodies. If they now have the license to make 1/10 modern gen 4runners, land cruisers, tacomas, overseas hilux, etc... I'm all for it. I'd even welcome a modern RAV4.
Though I'd probably never buy one because there are almost always better options and often for less money, the Taco is by far the best-looking modern Toyota IMO. I don't think anybody ever produced a licensed Tacoma. Element has a generic copy. Maybe Proline tried to do it with the disaster of a collaboration with Knight Customs. I forget what that do-it-all body was supposed to be.

I think 99% the GX470 is built on the 4runner platform and can use all off road bits vis a vis. Some differences being sheetmetal, etc.

I like the release and even though I am not in the market for it as a whole, I will definitely will be picking the body for one of my existing modified scx24's

Back