• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

SCX24 Chassis and Performance Differences

Thanks Guys!

d5a23a8296b2cb005b98e7ba9993bba5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered both the C10 and the Deadbolt. Horizon already pushed them back to early May though. If I still don't have them come the end of the quarantine they may get cancelled. We shall see.

The skid plate is in the same location, it comes with the chassis and there's only one chasis part number that applies to all 3 versions.
The difference is in the deadbolt has shorter links that make it look like the skid plate is farther forward.
I've been curious to get the other link set to compare lengths. I don't trust the advertised specs. Horrizon has listed the wrong pinion tooth count and motor size size the beginning and the WheelBase in the advertisements is different than what's listed under specs, so IDK what the official wheelbase is.

Ya I've been wondering same since specs were listed as different here and there, thanks! "thumbsup"

It's likely for the same reason, but with different links. The deadbolt also comes with optional shorter rear links to get a shorter wheelbase.

Yes.

I might try stripping the paint (in a small test patch) on my C10...

Outside paint. :)

I got a Deadbolt and a Chevy...My son drives the Deadbolt, and I drive the Chevy. He like the ease of bigger tires, but I like the looks, challenge and stability of the Chevy.

This is my 4th attempt at small micro scale, and these SCX24's are finally a keeper that I'm happy with at this small scale.

1. Orlandoo hunter - I like these a lot, but I really just treat them like mini models.
2. Pro-line ambush - Just didn't cut it performance-wise for me.... traded it off
3. WPL 1/18 scales - Great bodies, crappy everything else. They'll make good projects once you swap everything out, but I just haven't had time.
4. SCX24 - pretty good performance for a small rig. It's a keeper.
They already sell clear Deadbolt and Jeep bodies.

1. Orlandoo too small imo.
2. Proline Ambush can't be counted on to sell even basic replacement parts, didn't buy one thankfully. :evil:
3. Exactly as you said, only the body is worth anything lol.
4. SCX24 agreed good performance, replacement parts and clear bodies etc. well supported by HorizonHobby/Axial Racing. :)

Yes, clear bodies available for Deadbolt, probably will see the other bodies available too.

Since I have been designing parts for these chassis for a while now, I think I can break down the key differences to what is important.

1) All three have the same wheelbase within .5mm
2) The Deadbolt has 10mm shorter links up front and 10mm longer links in the rear.
3) The Jeep and the C10 have a ESC/RX mount that is lower than the deadbolt by a few mm.

Personally, of the three and keeping the stock chassis, I like the Deadbolt the best for performance simply because everything is shifted forward by 10mm and you can get the CoG pretty low with just a few parts.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/612126-mod19rc-scx24-deadbolt-build.html

Great mini review sum it all up, really like what you're doing and parts your making for this great little truck, thanks! 8)"thumbsup"

I think that would shift the body (or the wheels rather) unless you're fabbing up new mounts.
I found out the front shock towers/body mount is different from the Deadbolt to the Jeep because my forward battery tray only works with the Deadbolt.

Agreed, here's Casey's excellent build/mod thread:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/609167-whittling-scx24.html

@JatoTheRipper, I think your GF needs a Deadbolt, and you need a Chevy. Problem solved. :lmao:

X2 "thumbsup"

Relatively cheap to convert from a C10 to a Deadbolt or vice versa though I'm sure.

Yes!

It's better just to get a whole second crawler so you have 2 times the fun hah

Heck ya! "thumbsup"

Bigworm's nice build:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/609547-bigworm%92s-scx24-build.html

RexRacer19 thread and making/selling sweet hopus for SCX24
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/612126-mod19rc-scx24-deadbolt-build.html

Lots of great builds here on RCC, just a couple that came to mind. :)

Last edited:
It sounds like the deadbolt is the way to go if you want to mod it, but does anyone who's had all 3 (or even 2 of the 3) have recommendations for how they perform stock?

Last edited:
Sounds like a cool little rig
What one would be the best choice for something to take on our beach trips we are wanting to get RCs for the beach trips but want something smaller then 1/10 due to everything having to be packed in the car for a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back