• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Scx10 Trailer Question

raiders32

Rock Stacker
I'm building a dual axle trailer for my axial scx10 to pull my brother's truck. The trailer is made from 1/4" square tubing. My question is how do you mount leaf springs to this trailer? I'm thinking of using the tamiya leaf springs (black) with rc4wd leaf spring shackles and mount kit. Would these work? If not, could you tell me how you guys put leaf springs on your trailer and how u make the shackles. Thanks!!!

Here's pictures of what I'm using:

DSC_0196.jpg

tamc1276.jpg

Last edited:
I think leaf springs may leave you sitting as high as your puller. Check around ion the site and you can see some of the trailing arm suspension systems people have made. If you are going dual axle, you might be able to get away with a real stiff sprain pack re-arched to eliminate a lot of the curve and use a single set for both axles like a big rig.

Look in the "Scale Accessories" subforum on this site...there is a huge trailer thread in there and I know I saw a couple similiar to what you're wanting to do (i'd link but i'm on my phone and it gets frustrating :O ).

I think leaf springs may leave you sitting as high as your puller. Check around ion the site and you can see some of the trailing arm suspension systems people have made. If you are going dual axle, you might be able to get away with a real stiff sprain pack re-arched to eliminate a lot of the curve and use a single set for both axles like a big rig.

Try running the springs under the axle if it sits too high.

Back