• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Scaler Crawling in Duluth

kwapi

Kwapi and the Stalker took the Honcho's out again. We had a blast. We walked up the hill from Sky Line to enger tower and back. I will need new tires if we drive that much every time we go out. I heard that Flat Irons are not good.....I think they are awesome. We had these Honchos going up step rock climbs, mud, running water, snow. I was impressed all day with these trucks and tires.

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv94/kwapi/Eger Tower Scaler Trail Ride March 2010/

Here are some pics. I am planning on having an event in this spot this year.

Nice pics! Trucks look cool!

I was gonna stop by last Sunday but my gas peddle stuck.

Just a heavy right foot. Left foot tries to help resulting in wicked 6cyl brakestands. It's a love hate thing

Yeah I knew it was you out there.....

The duck tape on the and flat gray primer gave you away not to mention the lack of any smoke off the tires. I heard a little bais ply tire spinning like it was in snow.

Just a heavy right foot. Left foot tries to help resulting in wicked 6cyl brakestands. It's a love hate thing

That tape is factory. It gets flat around 40 years.

That was clutch dust by the way and I'll have more for ya when I get done tweaking the dizzy.

Didn't see you at the vintage run.. Speed scare ya away?

Love your city guys you live in the right spot for crawling.

IMG_0571.jpg

There are many more locations are here.

Duluth is built on and around rocks...across the bridge it is all sand in Wisconsin. Two Harbors has a great spot for scalers or comp rigs also. It is a beach that is no less than 2 miles of rock shore line.....we are going to have to go there for a scaler event this summer also. I will put some more pics of our spots when we run them. Your welcome to come up and run with us any time.

Love your city guys you live in the right spot for crawling.

IMG_0571.jpg

Last edited:
This is the best time of year for scalers around here. Grass starts groing pretty quick at enger tower especially so get it while you can guys!

Hey kwapi.. Gimme a call when your not too busy. I wanna see your new 'yota collection and catch up on some things

I don't have to be to work till 5:30 today, gonna grab the truck and head up to enger and try it out on some real rocks for the first time

Well how did it go?

I don't have to be to work till 5:30 today, gonna grab the truck and head up to enger and try it out on some real rocks for the first time

Did you get out today? We went to Brighton Beach yesterday and it was one of the best wheeling sessions yet. This will be the location for next event in may.

Yeah i did, i spent 2hrs up there, had a blast, I AM WAY HOOKED! I went up from the main entrance and followed the trail by the power pole, and covered the whole place. would have gone longer but it was cold and i killed my battery.

Anyone planning on going out in duluth tomorrow 3/27? My daughter has hockey practice so i will be in town.

May go out Sunday in the afternoon.

Anyone planning on going out in duluth tomorrow 3/27? My daughter has hockey practice so i will be in town.

I was hoping to get out sunday. I have to work sat and I am pulling a motor out of a 4runner and putting it in my toyota rock crawler but hope to get out at least for some scaler crawling....what type of crawler do you have?

I was hoping to get out sunday. I have to work sat and I am pulling a motor out of a 4runner and putting it in my toyota rock crawler but hope to get out at least for some scaler crawling....what type of crawler do you have?

scx10 honcho for now, but have a scout body on the way.

if any one wants to do some crawling i'll be in town about 11:30 340-0449

Attachments

• PICT0375.JPG
    PICT0375.JPG
    95.6 KB · Views: 131
Back