• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

ScaleFreak - Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Build

Joe Ferguson

Hey guys,

I was lucky to get my hands on one of the pre-release Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 kits.

This is going to be a fully documented build and review. I'll be making video's of each step with my thoughts and review, as well as run video's. After the stock build and run, I will be documenting and reviewing every Axial and R.E.C.O.N. G6 supporting part available for this kit. In the end, this is going to be an amazing G6 rig to handle every trail.

This review will be less on the pictures, and more on the video's. There are lots of other build threads with TONS of pictures. My style is more of video.

In addition, this kit will be available for demo at most events that I am able to attend including the Canadian Indoor Onroad Nationals in March.

Keep an eye on this thread for all of the updates and video's of this awesome kit.

Here is where the project begins.

First, I want to thank Axial for giving me the opportunity to pick up one of these kits to get a jump start on my build and the video's. I have a lot of work ahead of me, and any additional time with the kit is appreciated.

Getting the truck into Canada was the first step. From here, let's start the unboxing

Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Unboxing - YouTube

The next step in the process for when I build kits is to build the shocks. I like to build them early so I can attend to any pressure issues and see if there are any leaks when I leave them compressed for a couple days.

Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Shock Build

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to RCC Joe. I'll be following the build here and on your YouTube.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Tonight, I was able to set some time aside to get the axles built. As with all other Axial kits I have built, the axles went together flawlessly. No drama, no mess, no shaving or shimming.

In this video, you will see how easily the front and rear axles went together, as well as any little tricks that I add in to my build.

Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Axle Build

No problem at all.

I love making these video's.

Tonight, I was able to get some time in to the Transmission.

In a scaler, a solid transmission is the cornerstone of the whole kit. It's the part of the truck that takes the most power, and depending on how you set it up, the most damage. The Axial SCX10 transmission is simple, and in being simple, it's strong.

Check out the video on how I put the Axial Racing Jeep Wrangler G6 Transmission together.

Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Transmission Build

So far, all of the video's have been updated.
Over the weekend, I play on recording the Links, chassis build, and electronics install.

at first i wasnt gonna watch the build videos but i figured hell why not so i i have been following them and i didnt know about the rebound on the shocks so that was cool and i plan on taking mine apart and checking them.. look forward to the next videos."thumbsup"

Joe thanks for posting these videos up. And after seeing the shock build up I too was having issues and preload on all my shock. I just ordered the G6 kit and will definitely be doing the shocks just like in your video. Again thanks.."thumbsup""thumbsup"

at first i wasnt gonna watch the build videos but i figured hell why not so i i have been following them and i didnt know about the rebound on the shocks so that was cool and i plan on taking mine apart and checking them.. look forward to the next videos."thumbsup"

Same here. I built mine like how you showed and like them more. Thanks for the tip!"thumbsup"

well where's the videos man??"thumbsup":flipoff:

My Internet has been out. I'll get them updated shortly.
I have the Chassis video uploaded. That will be posted here shortly.

After a little rumble with my Internet provider, I'm back online at the house and able to upload more of the build video's.

Here, I have a video of the chassis build. No major difference from previous kits, but I'm still happy with how easily the Axial kits go together. Instructions are simple to follow, and everything fits into place without modification.

Check out the video for my thoughts on the chassis build

Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Transmission Build

I had to turn the bolt that goes through slider mount and upper link around backwards on mine or the nut would hang up on the tabs of the tekin pro 45t. Anyone esle notice that?

Oh...thanks for the advice on that one. I'll keep an eye out.

After some challenges with YouTube, I have been able to get some more video's uploaded to the channel.

Today, we have the Electronics Install.
I've been getting a lot of questions about what system I was going to install in this kit, and how I would configure it.
In this video, I show you how I installed my Tekin FX-R with Pro 35T motor, my Airtronics Receiver, and Savox Servo.

Check out the video to see how I get it all in there.
Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Electronics Build

For this video, I walk over the build of the steering and axle link system for the Axial Racing Jeep Wrangler SCX10 G6.

On this kit, you get the upgraded steering and lower connecting links for the axle to help you traverse the terrain with ease. The hard surface and slide of the metal links makes a huge improvement over plastic. They are also very stable to keep your steering and axles straight.

Check out the video for my thoughts
Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Link Build

For this video, I take the time to start to make the truck look like....A Truck!

Here, I install the links, axles, Servo, and sliders to the truck to start to show how much progress there has been. At this point, there is too much left to do to get it running and start wheelin'

Check out the Video for how I put the truck together
Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Links/Axle/Suspension/Slider Install

For the next video release in the series, I have the shell. This video was getting so long, I had to split it into two. So, I guess you know what your going to see later in the week. :)

I love this shell. This was super to trim, super easy to paint, super easy to sticker, and super easy to mount the cage to. Axial really did a good job with this on.

Check out the video for part 1 of 2 for the shell trim, paint, and install.

Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Body and Paint Part 1 - YouTube

Lots :)

And today, we have Part 2 of the body painting and mounting.

In this video, I finish up the job with completing the paint, stickers, and mounting the lights and cage.

I am very pleased with how easy this shell was to trim and paint. And the look...well, the look is amazing. This was such a great design.

Anyway, enough about that...check out the video.

Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler G6 Body and Paint Part 2 - YouTube

Really enjoy your build pics and videos. They have been helpful in my first build. I must say the red and black together really looks good for this build. Your pull pal that you have seems to be in alot of the vids and pics. Is that a custom one built by you? Do the really work like the full size counterpart?

Back