• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Scale Garage for the Trophy Truck

JRapid

Quarry Creeper
Finally time to start my garage build, the trophy trucks need a place to stay :mrgreen:

There was no room in the garage, I had to clear out a basement closet for this
zriX2rdh.jpg

I made the table base next. Height is 42", and the main base is 30x48" plus the extension. Seems like a good size
ITUiw96h.jpg

Stay tuned, should have some more progress tomorrow

Last edited:
This morning I got the floor and walls roughly laid out. Still figuring out what I want to do for the final flooring...

XSAXulWh.jpg

Plenty of space for the rigs!

DUn8HzXh.jpg

n1On7lRh.jpg

Last edited:
Okay what is the black one ? Yeti build , scratch build ? Your garage needs some bright lights so you can show more of that cool looking rig off !

Thanks, it goes by Mini Zeus. All scratch built. I have a thread in 2.2 rigs.

But I plan on using strips so it should be well lit, I still need to order all of that.

Knocked out a few new things to go in the shop

Double tire rack, inspired by joe122
ti5a6DQh.jpg

v1kAu1Fh.jpg

oIj1qLNh.jpg

X56W0Ach.jpg

3.5 x 8 x 3.5" Table
IivVT8ph.jpg

Last edited:
Should be a good one.

Table and tire rack are clean.

Building my garage was as much fun as building a custom rig!

Should be a good one.

Table and tire rack are clean.

Building my garage was as much fun as building a custom rig!

Thanks! I can already see how fun it is and I haven't done much. I'm excited to see it come together.

Here's the finished room. I decided to add a 6" extension up front for some more space. Final size is 58x36 with 24" walls.

I also mocked up the ceiling with some old railing. Easy solution for the I-beam look. Still not sure if it's staying or not.

EDIT: For the flooring I used grey contact paper https://goo.gl/ZwvRnb

k5MT4y0h.jpg

Ui9VDEQh.jpg

YetVy2Ih.jpg

P6n6OZNh.jpg

zG0ozeah.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good..
Nice details..
I think the ceiling is fine the way it is

Who has a Empty spare closet tho?

Agree, opt 1 - leave the roof as is and mount shop lights or - opt 2 - close it with foam board, leave rectangles open so as to replicate "skylights". This way you can take advantage of the "ambient" outside light. This would eliminate your "truss" shadows. Add some LED shop lights and it should look killer! IMO. You can check out my shop build, just below yours a few threads for the LED shop light idea.

Looking good..
Nice details..
I think the ceiling is fine the way it is

Who has a Empty spare closet tho?
Ha I know. It was full of junk but I saw potential in it. Turns out it was the perfect size too, thanks

Agree, opt 1 - leave the roof as is and mount shop lights or - opt 2 - close it with foam board, leave rectangles open so as to replicate "skylights". This way you can take advantage of the "ambient" outside light. This would eliminate your "truss" shadows. Add some LED shop lights and it should look killer! IMO. You can check out my shop build, just below yours a few threads for the LED shop light idea.
Appreciate the feedback. I wasn't sure if it looked weird not covering the whole distance. Ideally I want to close it in, but it depends on how bright the led strips are (which are on the way). I saw your shop lights, they look great. That's kinda what I'm going for. I also like the skylight idea. I'll start on that stuff when the leds get here next week.

Looks Great so far. :) You could hang some "ducting" and a couple of fans from that grid to look more "industrial". With that much headroom, you definitely have options.
...and Merry Christmas to all :)

Looks Great so far. :) You could hang some "ducting" and a couple of fans from that grid to look more "industrial". With that much headroom, you definitely have options.
...and Merry Christmas to all :)

Thanks, great ideas "thumbsup" Merry Christmas to you too

Starting to move some stuff in. Here are the 10 ton jack stands I made. Fully functional and adjustable!

2x67NZsh.jpg

iU9m9SLh.jpg

12.5 lb truck lifted no problem
fKwFLcmh.jpg

pM6Beinh.jpg

Last edited:
Back