• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

scale driver

IMO this is the perfect size for the Sawback. Willy's are small cramped vehicles in 1:1. "thumbsup"
Thank you. I spent a lot of time figuring out what size figure is needed and I'm very happy about the result I got. The Willys is really small compared to other vehicles.
A lot of other figures I see in Sawbacks are simply too small. While the chassis is 1:10 like for example an SCX10, the body is somewhere around 1:6, 1:7 scale. The proportions aren't exactly consistent all the way around.
I calculated an average scale based on the width, length and height of the Sawback body and a Willys before looking at figures.
I noticed that in a lot of pictures of 1:1 Willys that the top of the driver's head is about at the same height as the top of the windshield, that is what I aimed for while finetuning my figure.
When your figure is roughly the correct height there is hardly any space for the lower legs since there is no footwell in the body.

Try NECA figures from Team Fortress. Some of them (Doctor, Spy and Engineer) quite scale and should fit to Sawback nice.
I took Engineer and he fits good to Sawback.
20141214_124346.jpg

I finally got my driver mounted. Call him Tony. I had to cut the bottom of his legs off. But I think the truck looks much better with a driver.

2222c9791c38b9dee2b3e4830f8bd65a.jpg

3ea5b064c489efaeae48b5353f3a6e76.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Al Bundy! I think he's a little pissed cause its taking me so long to build his Sawback.

Attachments

• 0418151701.jpg
    0418151701.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 1,726
This is all I got, and it's all of my buddy AL.

Attachments

• DSCF0769.jpg
    DSCF0769.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 1,564
  • DSCF0770.jpg
    DSCF0770.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 1,542
  • DSCF0760.jpg
    DSCF0760.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,563
ok, so what i've seen is people claiming that 8" figures work, and that 12" with about an inch cut out work. there is a 3" difference between those two which is huge in scale terms.
ANY updates? im concerned cuz im thinking of foolishly spending alot of $$ on a figure... haha :oops:

I had to put a screw from back of seat into the figures back, drilled & tapped it for the bolt then plopped a scale seatbelt bungie cord across his lap to each side of seat underside.

Go for an 8" action figure instead of a 7". My Axials and my TF2 have 7" Neca action figures in it, but those are to small for the Sawback.
Went for an 8" action figure, of Rajeesh Koothrapalli from The Big Bang Theory. Didnt have to make any modifications, just had a self tapping screw, mounted thru the seat.

I've tried Neca and a few others, but on Ebay UK, and maybe elsewhere, you can find HM forces or similar name. They are all military, various guises and uniforms. All seem to be pigeon chested and most need buttock surgery to fit but the size seems to work well with their heads at top screen level as in original 1:1 jeep. Photos of mine (fingers crossed, as usual)

Last edited:
Al in his new ride "thumbsup"

Attachments

• DSCF1458.jpg
    DSCF1458.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 995
  • DSCF1468.jpg
    DSCF1468.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,008
  • DSCF1618.jpg
    DSCF1618.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 1,002