• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

running extra battery instead of BEC

obadvw

Hi ;

stock servo died last time , i have another Savox 1210sg that i would prefer to run @ 7.4v

i dont own a BEC for the time being , i will run the servo temporary on 2S lipo until i get the BEC.

the bronco run 3S lipo , i use holmes BEC connection and noticed that ground/black wire is common

is there a problem that the negtive wire of the 2s battery will connect to the negative wire coming out of the Rx?

i'd appreciate if someone has a diagram of the wiring

You will need to power the servo directly from the battery, but run the signal wire (white or orange usually) to the receiver. Let the ESc BEC power the receiver..

This thread has some good advice especially the last few posts.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/537413-electronic-problems-you-probably-need-external-bec.html

Also this thread has a diagram which is useful. post #17 is the diagram. Replace the BEC with your 2s battery, but don't use the 2 wires coming from battery on right to your 2s battery.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/116914-definitive-wiring-diagrams-becs-rx-servos-motors-etc.html

Last edited:
Hi ;

stock servo died last time , i have another Savox 1210sg that i would prefer to run @ 7.4v

i dont own a BEC for the time being , i will run the servo temporary on 2S lipo until i get the BEC.

the bronco run 3S lipo , i use holmes BEC connection and noticed that ground/black wire is common

is there a problem that the negtive wire of the 2s battery will connect to the negative wire coming out of the Rx?

i'd appreciate if someone has a diagram of the wiring

If you are using the holmes receiver bypass adapter (I'm guessing that's what you mean by the holmes BEC connection) you just attach your battery where the BEC would attach and only your servo would see the 2S voltage. Your receiver would be powered by the ESC's internal BEC.

Back