• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RS10 540 problem

tpain123

I recently upgraded to the 540 kid from ZNO, I also installed the metal gears and the big boy kit, where the casing comes rtr. Everything works fine, but the front motor will occasionally lock up, and lose power. Shortly after, it will regain power. I appears the motor wants to work, but it wont turn the gears. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is? Other then this issue, the 540 make a huge different, it add a lot of fun to the truck. I appreciate anyones help. :) I stopped at my local hobby shop, they recommended me trading it in for an AX10 grrrrr! Thats like going to Mcdonalds and asking for a whopper.

To make sure nothing is wrong in the gearbox, unbolt the motor you're having trouble with from the gearbox, then turn the crawler on and see if you have problems with the motor. If you do, you know something is up with the motor. However, if you remove the motor and there are no problems, start checking out your gears and differential. Make sure your gear mesh between the motor pinion and the other gears isn't super tight. If you determine the problem is with the motor itself, I suggest starting a topic in the electronics section of the forum. There are plenty of guys in there who can troubleshoot motors.

swap motor wires from front to back and if problem still persist in the same motor than you know you need to take that axle apart and if nothing is up in there then you have a crap motor. Simple as pie."thumbsup"

The motor will work, then it will seize up, if I push down on the frame or something it will sometime start to work again. Its like the motor is trying to turn but the gears are preventing it.. I appreciate all the help so far, you guys are great-Thank you!

Have you tried removing the motor from the gearbox and running it to see if it stalls with no pressure from the gears? If not, try that and see if it binds up. If it does, your motor is bad.

Back