• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Robinson racing slipper issues...

NitroDarwin

Quarry Creeper
So I stripped the stock plastic spur gear and whenni went to get a new onenlearned that they have been discontinued, So I researched and bought a Robinson racing gen3 slipper kit and a hardened pinion. After the install the gear noise was loud in forward but relatively quiet in reverse. So i tried to adjust gear mesh but it at best was still loud occasionally. seems like the spur is running slightly out of center but only sometimes.
Thanks for any help
Darwin

Metal on metal gears will always be louder. I'm not sure why reverse is quieter, is the throttle limited to 50% in reverse or somthing?

I had this spur gear in a wraith and it was loud for sure, I didnt love it and replaced it with plastic.

You could switch over to the Wraith/SCX10 spur gear which is 56T, then gear down the pinion. That will still be a bit faster than stock though.

When I have a spur gear wobble that I cant fix I try to find the tightest point and to set the mesh there, or just rotate it and check a few spots.

EDIT: you could also use a slipper eliminator which will allow you to use any gears that have a 3 hole pattern. If you have 48 pitch pinions you would be able to use 48 pitch spur gears opening even up more options.

Last edited:
Put some bar soap on the spur, that'll quiet it down.

Back