• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Reviving a Dead Lipo... Need Some Facts

Could you name the hobby store you work at, so everyone knows where to absolutely never go.

You've had your experiences, I've had mine. Let's both tell our stories and people can decide like adults what they want to do with their own batteries.

Is it worth the risk to you, your stuff, your family to save $30 on a new lipo.

You have to be smart enough to understand the risks and mitigate them appropriately (perhaps I have had too much risk management training in the military).

The reward:
Save a pack and $30

The risk:
Fire, destruction, chaos, rioting and ebola.

Precautions:
- DON'T LEAVE THE BATTERY ALONE! But really is this any different than any other lipo charging situation?
- Have gloves (welding) and a face mask ready if the battery goes nuclear
- Have a place to ditch the battery if needed.
- Stop everything if something doesn't seem right.

Sure, if you are new to lipos, or do not feel comfortable trying to revive them, don't do it. Again, the people that say 'don't do it' have little to no relevent experience in this area. What they should say is, "I don't feel comfortable reviving lipos, so I would throw them away."

I think what would be more appropriate advice would be:

If you are new to lipos/chargers, have not done the appropriate research, do not understand the risks and how to mitigate them, do not attempt to revive lipos.

Back