• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Renegade Rock Runners @ Vasquez Rocks - Saturday October 18th

Did you attend the last Renegade Rock Runners GTG?

• Total voters

4x4Jay

Rock Stacker
Were at it again!! Come on back out to Vasquez Rocks State Park Saturday October 18th!

You came out to the last GTG, and BOY was it HOT! But non the less, you came, you crawled, you conquered.

This time were going to start with the other side of the parking lot. Over where we went after lunch. But this time, I would like to take a left and head over to the rock piles that are a bit further. There is a little water fall (that's dry now, so don't worry about waterproofing your gear if you haven't already. (I need to do my ESC/Receiver/Winch controller and all of my batteries.)

I'd like to head over where I know more of the trail, and lines. Places I've only been to once or twice before, vs actually scouting the trail on the fly. :oops:

Drivers meet and greet from when you arrive - 9:45am
Drivers meeting 9:45am - 9:50am
Roll out @ 10:00am

PARK IN THE 3rd PARKING LOT.

(Last time we had someone bring a 10x10 tent that was put up over the pick nick table, that was super nice!)

MAP LINK --> CLICK HERE <--

10659319_952869718061784_3443986408844829948_n.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, well at least there will be 2 of us. Jessica says she wants to go and do more driving. I did a little work on my radio. Cracked it open, did the self centering mod on the left stick. Tightened up a few of the other X and Y axis controls on the right stick. Should be much easier to control.

I'm REALLY excited to see how these new tires, and Pull Pal work!!

I'm wondering if any of the people from the local hobby shop make it out.

I plan on starting this GTG right where we normally do. (where we went for the second session of the last gathering) Then trying to find the waterfall, and bouncing around that part for a while.

Nice, well at least there will be 2 of us. Jessica says she wants to go and do more driving. I did a little work on my radio. Cracked it open, did the self centering mod on the left stick. Tightened up a few of the other X and Y axis controls on the right stick. Should be much easier to control.

I'm REALLY excited to see how these new tires, and Pull Pal work!!

I'm wondering if any of the people from the local hobby shop make it out.

I plan on starting this GTG right where we normally do. (where we went for the second session of the last gathering) Then trying to find the waterfall, and bouncing around that part for a while.

Stephen said he will be there. For now, my plan is to run City Slicker. I recently installed 32P gearing and the roof.

20140901_204458.jpg

I'll be running my Cherokee with the new wheel and tire setup. I'll bring the old set, just in case the beadlocks don't hold up. They all seem like they went in like they should, but you never know until you test! 8)

Will be interesting to see how it runs with the spare on the back. I may need to move the battery back to the front.

10628368_942796539069102_8946348332755653568_n.jpg

I'll be running my Cherokee with the new wheel and tire setup. I'll bring the old set, just in case the beadlocks don't hold up. They all seem like they went in like they should, but you never know until you test! 8)

Will be interesting to see how it runs with the spare on the back. I may need to move the battery back to the front.

10628368_942796539069102_8946348332755653568_n.jpg

Hey! Those tires and wheels look nice. "thumbsup" I agree about moving the battery to the front especially with the spare in the back.

Jay, when are we doing a beach area run?? I have a pretty good wash run in the valley as well. I'll post a tour page on it soon.

Okay, so one of the guys from the "Hostile RC" club contacted me, and asked if it was ok to sell some raffle tickets for a drawing for prizes. I said SURE! There are going to be 6-8 of them joining us as well. They also are going to set up a few gates and keep score for a mini comp, winner of that will also receive a prize (curtesy of the Hostile RC club.). The mini comp is free to enter, and open to all scale vehicles.

If you don't want to join in on the comp, there will also be a group of people that are just going to do a trail run. So it's a bit of everything for everyone!!

Fakejk - How about Saturday November 15th? If that works for you I'll make a thread for it. Marina del Rey is down the street from me, so I'm able and willing to go just about everyday after 5 pm.

How about a head count for VR.
1. 4x4Jay
2. Victor +7 Hostile RC Club

It was EPIC!! I'm working on the video right now actually. I don't feel like doing any work today, so I'm just going to edit. Should have it up in a couple hours.

I didn't take many pictures. Here are a few of the afternoon run after we took a lunch break. Some guys took a longer break and went out later.

20141018_133213-1.jpg

20141018_130104.jpg

20141018_130058-1.jpg

20141018_130333-1-1.jpg

20141018_114100-1.jpg

20141018_104230.jpg

Okay, took forever to make the video. I only took video for half of the first trip out. I ended up leaving my other batteries in my Electronics bag, that I left at home...... Good Job Jay!!

Soooo, here ya go!! Share it with your friends, post comments on the youtube page, or on here. 8)

Renegade Rock Runners @ Vasquez Rocks

Back