• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Remo Hobby crawler vs. Redcat Gen7?

Soundboothguy

Hello,
I have been messing with 1/24 scale crawlers for a while now and I'm looking to move up to 1/10 scale. I'd like not to spend more than $250 at first so I've had my eyes on the Remo Hobby crawler and the Redcat Gen7. I've heard that the Remo is a Axial 10.2 clone which I know is a great platform. My idea is to get a crawler which I can upgrade through time. Not to be a comp rig, just something that's very capable while looking as scale as possible. I've talked to some local guys and they recommended a Capra but preferably I'd like to start with a truck. If anyone has experience with either or has advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

Personally, I would stretch a little and buy the new Element Enduro($300 rtr). Much better place to start from especially if you want to modify a rig.

theres no replacement parts availble for the remo hobbies axles
the gen7 there are replacement parts available and on top of that you can upgrade someparts wih axial parts
but nither are scx10.2 clones
the remo uses its own axle desgn thats loosly based on the scx10.1 platform but ithas hybread xrmod width axles and you cant get stoc or upgrade parts
the gen7 is a scx10.1 clone and some prts are interchangeable the up side is redcat used a upgraded aftermarket chassis and has decent tires

however you can upgrade the axles on both models with new axles from just about any axial or trx4 or even redcat portals or any slew of chinese unbranded axles

the remo has some nice features it already has a great skid plate thats matches the axial trans bolt patern and some nice links
the gen7 has the upgrded chasss and alot better tires and in my opinion a better motor and esc combo

there both gona be money pits cause in the end you will replace just about everything but thats true withjust about all ready to runs

Last edited:
I 2nd creepers suggestion. Element is a decent platform n the new rig is lookin like a great starter with a decent price. More updated than either the remo or the gen7 as well

I would vote the new Element kit as well. But if you're strictly looking for something RTR and those 2, I'd choose the Remo because it resembles the Honcho visually. The Gen7, although probably the better candidate to buy bolt-on parts for, I don't find it very eye appealing.

Thank you to creeper and the others for recommendation. I've heard lots of good things about Element but didn't think to check there. And I agree with you Ferp, they probably would be moneypits, I'll admit it wouldn't be my first lol. Thanks again for the help!

If going redcat get a gen8, gen 7s have axle issues.

Element is a great starter point for sure, actually very capable right out of the box compared to most. Axial base camp is pretty solid too for a platform to build on.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Back