• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Redcat Gen 8 "Clear body" Edition

I just realized that I haven't kept this thread up to date... not that much has changed.

This is a video that I posted last year that covered the body painting as well as the magnet installation:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3GEblujnoY0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And this is a video that I was finally able to get edited and posted from a crawl that I did back in June just outside of Carlisle PA. It was a pretty fantastic location, and I can't wait to go back.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HoBmUF8Bano" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only changes that I've made to the truck since I shot that last video was to swap the 4.5" CI foams with 4.25" CI foams in hopes of getting more tire flex, but the tire carcass is so stiff that they still don't really flex that well. I swapped out the stock servo for one of the DS3218 Pro 20kg servos that I seem to be using in everything.

Next up will be new rock sliders. My son managed to destroy one of them, so I'm going to try making a set to replace these.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how the truck crawls now, although I really feel like the tires are holding it back. Compared to my Enduro, which has Proline Hyrax tires, this truck really struggles to make the same lines. I ordered a set of the new JConcepts Landmines back at the beginning of December that I'm still waiting for Tower Hobbies to ship.

Last edited:
Back