• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Redcat Gen 7/Gen 8 compatibility

Istagg

Hello everyone!
New user here, from Norway, and relatively new to the hobby as well.

I got my hands on a Redcat Gen 7 Sport, and have been hooked ever since :)
Been slowly upgrading it, and I'm working on fitting the Proline 1985 Hilux body right now.

My question is, are the dimensions and distance between the holes in the bumper mounts on the Gen 7 and Gen 8 the same?

I really like the look of the "Yeah Racing Alloy Front Bumper" for the Axial SCX10 II and Redcat Gen8.
I am wondering if it will fit right into the Gen 7 bumper mount holes?

WEB_Image%20Yeah%20Racing%20Alloy%20Front%20Bumper%20w%20LED%20%2049564_001591020459.Jpeg

Other upgrades i have done so far is change to a new "slower" motor with more torque,
smaller pinion gear,
and i installed the Hobbywing 1080 ESC.
It crawls really great now, and i have very good control and precision, even with the barebones stock Redcat radio :D

if i remeber corectly there are.adaptors you can buy to use a scx10 bumper on the gen8
yup here it is my memory still works lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SSD-RC-Red...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

kinda looks like it has the adaptors already maybe order the bumper and if it dosent fit right order the adaptor kit

Yeah it does look like it comes with the inserts.
Although I am more concerned with the distance between the two "poles" on the bumper,
that goes into the bumper mount.
On the Redcat Gen 7, the distance between the holes in the bumper mount is about 54mm center to center.

Is there anyone with both a Gen 7 and Gen 8 that knows if they are compatible?
Or anyone with a Gen 8 that could give a measurement?

Yeah it does look like it comes with the inserts.
Although I am more concerned with the distance between the two "poles" on the bumper,
that goes into the bumper mount.
On the Redcat Gen 7, the distance between the holes in the bumper mount is about 54mm center to center.

Is there anyone with both a Gen 7 and Gen 8 that knows if they are compatible?
Or anyone with a Gen 8 that could give a measurement?
the gen7 is a clone of the og scx10 almost anything that fits the og scx10 will fit the gen7 and since theres a kit to mount scx10 bumpers to the gen8 i would guess the holes are the same distance apart on the gen7 and gen8 and the scx10

the gen7 is a clone of the og scx10 almost anything that fits the og scx10 will fit the gen7 and since theres a kit to mount scx10 bumpers to the gen8 i would guess the holes are the same distance apart on the gen7 and gen8 and the scx10

Ah ok, I see
Thanks, I guess I'll get a new bumper then :)

The gen8 shares its actual bumper hole mount width with axial scx10, but it uses larger diameter mounts. Ssd makes a gen8 adapter that steps it down to axial size. Gen7 bumper mounts are proprietary, nobody makes anything universal that fits in the holes unless it’s directly for the gen7. You can use the aftermarket bumpers that mount on the sides of the frame rails with no problem, you can also fit a gen8 plastic bumper mount on a gen7 pro, the distance between frame rails is almost the same distance.

Back