• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rear wheels spin opposite from front!!!

Hypergarage

This is extremely frustrating. I have 2 boom racing scx10 all metal axles that are brand new and I just installed them. The front wheels spin the correct direction the rears spin backward. I opened the rear axle to switch the diff around but the way the axle is built it won't fit when switched around. Can someone please help?

Flipping the whole axle wouldn't work because of the way it's fabricated. I will try switching the front thanks.

Switching the front isn't possible either because of the axle housing. Still need help

Ensure the outer brace holes are facing up on both axles. One is probably upside down.
51fb331985dd32dcc28422990565d294.jpg

Have you tried contacting Boom Racing direct? I've always found them very helpful and responsive to any queries I've had of their products.

I had that same problem when I built my Wraith Kit

Both axles would spin in opposite directions and it would not move forward or backwards

It took me a little while to figure out, too flip the diff's around in the axles

And that corrected the problem

Last edited:
getpic.php

If it's like that one you linked, there's room to flip it...
Sure looks like those internal gussets on the other side will hit the ring gear. Perhaps if you grind them away.

I'm guessing Boom didn't think about this problem and built them willy nilly, wish they had an internal shot of their front diff so you could see which side the gear is on. I'm all for saving a buck on parts sometimes but from what I've seen, metal axle housings isn't one of the areas where I'd skimp.

Take the plate that the pinion gear is attached to, move it to the other side of the axle.

No, the pinon gear. The plate looks like it could be put on the other side, reversing the rotation.

ok, well the ring gear is the only gear shown in the picture, the driveshaft connects to the pinion gear and on the website, that is in a fixed position.. the ring gear most likely can be moved and if it hits the gussets on the left side, then dremel some clearance for the gear...not rocket science... of course this is from just looking at what can be seen from the picture provided...without being able to see the entire cavity, its hard to say 100% that it will work.

Back