• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

RCP CRawlers Pacific Coast Championship 2012 Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCo Crawlgirl

Rock Crawler
PRO 2.2 Saturday June 16th

ppcpro2.jpg

SPORT 2.2 Saturday June 16th
pccsport.jpg

1.9 Sunday June 17th
pcc19.jpg

Super Sunday June 17th
pccsoper.jpg

Overall
pccoverall.jpg

Last edited:
Please check out the scores again for 2.2. I would like to thank Chris the battery man for being an honest driver, there was a mistake in his scores so he went from 6th place to 18th. Thank you Chris for your honesty! If there are another mistakes please pm me I have saved all score cards and judges sheets for review.

National Invites and Awards
2.2 Pro-top 3 earned National Invites!
1- Jake Wright/Del Monte -$400 cash pay out & trophy
2-John Ripplinger/SDS Customs- $200 cash pay out & trophy
3-Brian Lorenz/Burbo-$100 cash pay out & trophy

1.9-top 3 earned National Invites!
1-Brandon Quinones/bquin-$50 cash pay out and trophy
2-John Ripplinger/SDS Customs-$25 cash pay out and trophy
3-Jason Moreland/Jrock- $15 cash pay out and trophy

Super-top 3 earned National Invites
1-Dave Cape/diamond dave- $50 cash pay out and trophy
2-Erik Lux/Dlux-$25 cash pay out and trophy
3-Jeremy Toney/ krawlfreak- $15 cash pay out and trophy

2.2 Sport-top 3 earned National Invites
1-Spencer French-$180 cash payout and trophy
2-Everett Maggio/ 8-454-$80 cash pay out and trophy
3-Jason Moreland/Jrock-$60 cash pay out and trophy

Overall
1-John Ripplinger/SDS Customs-trophy

yep thats right a total of 12 National Invites were handed out and over $1300 in cash pay outs! congrats guys!

Great driven NBRCC crew and the 2.2s class was so much fun i think NBRCC will be running that class next year in our series.

Sounds like I missed a good time. I can only infer what happened from the various pieces of posts left. But it seems clear enough even from the little bit I read. Judge made a call. People did not like it. Question is, was everything stopped and a marshal called immediately after the run/ bad call. Anything more than a couple of minutes after the run ended is really to late. Days later on the internet is not the place.

Having made lots of bad calls, I understand. What you see, and what I see might look different. BUT, there are some non arguable calls. Gate is a gate, touch is a touch. Really the only issue might be a roll over hitting a boundary, stopping time, etc. As a judge, you have to make dozens of " judgements" per driver. I for one will not tolerate anyone questioning my calls. If you do not like my call, speak to a marshal. They are the judges judge. I am not, and should not have to explain myself to every driver, and his buddies all day about every thing.

WOW!

Well said Ted!

If anyone wants to know I locked the thread, and deleted ALL the other posts.

I will make my statement and answer a few legitimate questions that came up.

If anyone has any question beyond my reply they can PM me, and I will be happy to give you my number so you can give your concerns without dragging everyone through the mud on way to making your point.

Concern #1 Judging

On judgement calls the judge has the final word period. Its doesn't matter if 100 people, the entire rules committee, all the marshals, the title sponsor, and myself all saw it differently its the judges call......end of story.

Marshall's are there to handle "RULES" issues....for example a driver kicked his truck trough a gate and doesn't call a penalty....and the "witnesses" say he can't do that! Judge says "I don't think there is PENALTY for kicking a truck." Marshall's could be called to resolve the issue.

If the judge had replied "I didn't call the penalty because I didn't see him kick the truck through the gate" Marshall's could not reverse the decision.

Anyone that THINKS that Marshall's, Promoters, or USRCCA should over rule a judge on a judgement call is not familiar with the rules at big time rc crawling events.

Concern #2 Passing down invites

This is a very simple example but should explain the USRCCA's point of view.

January Event
1st Del Monte
2nd Fishmaxx

May Event
1st Del Monte
2nd SoCo Crawler

In this example people have stated that SoCo Crawler should have the invite passed down.

My question is why should SoCo Crawler get the next invite over Fishmaxx?

What if Fishmaxx lost by 1 point, and Soco Crawler lost by 10?

By the logic given in this thread SoCo Crawler should get the invite just because his 2nd place is later in the year. Why?

If someone can logically explain why in this example SoCo Crawler deserves the invite over Fishmaxx then please send me a PM.

Last edited:
Here is another situation that could happen.

Qualifier Comp #1

1st Del Monte
2nd Chris_The_Battery_Man

Qualifier Comp #5
1st Del Monte
2nd Burbo
3rd Skaldid Dog
4th Fishmaxx

Del Monte, Burbo, Skaldid Dog already have invites.

Who should get the invite Chris or Fish?

Why?

Please send me a PM if you can logically explain why one driver DESERVES the invite over another.

This is partially an apology to those who made legitimate posts that got deleted, a condemnation to those that posted BS without the facts, and a rebuttal to those that think posts were deleted to cover things up.

There was an incident at the event that involved SDS Customz (Driver), Waiting Dragon (Judge), Krawlfreak (Spotter), SOCO Crawler (Marshall) and Crawler13 (Witness and Driver bumped from Top 3 by SDS)

SDS Customz in his attempt to finish the course while running out of time floored it through the last gate.

Waiting Dragon made the call that SDS finished with in the time limit. Waiting Dragon was asked on 3 different occasions did he feel like he made the right call (including me by phone), and each time he has said YES.

Crawler13 from his view point 15-20 feet away disagreed with the call, and went to SoCo Crawler to dispute the call.

SoCo Crawler told him there was nothing he could do, and based on the phone call I had with Crawler13 this upset him further.

Several people made posts that "Even his spotter knew he did not make it!" Krawlfreak statement to me doesn't support that claim.

After talking with Crawler13 for several minutes (3 days after) it was obvious he did not fully understand the role or the limits of the Marshall. He told me he thought the marshal was able to over turn ANY judges call. Obviously this was part of the frustration because he thought no one was willing to help him out. I explained to him that even though the system is not perfect Judges have the finals say on judgement calls at this time, and he agreed.

Some suggested we use Cameras and Witness accounts to change calls. They are not used for many reasons, but mostly because they are not consistent....meaning we can't use it for one driver if we don't use it for all drivers. Think about it driver X has his run taped and has the review option, but no one tapes driver Y run so he doesn't have that option.

Bottom line is Judge made a judgement call, and marshals doesn't reverse judgement calls.

The thread was deleted because people that didn't even attend the event or witness the incident were questioning the integrity of people that were powerless to do anything. The fact that most of the people chiming in also didn't know the rules didn't help either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back