• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rckcrwlr's Wraith "STAGE" Build

Stage 3

RC4WD Chassis Mounted Servo (CMS) Kit​

2012-02-09_12-11-10_204.jpg

It comes with everything needed to convert your stock "on axle" Servo steering to a Chassis Mounted set-up. Also included is two drag links and a panhard kit.
2012-02-09_12-11-49_582.jpg

Installation is very easy...so easy, I forgot to take progress pics.

All you need to do is remove the passenger side upper link and the upper link mount. Add the new Panhard upper link mount.

2012-02-09_12-41-16_976.jpg

Change the Bumper mounts to the new Aluminum mounts with the panhard mount.

That's it. There are two choices for the Drag Link...a straight or bent.
2012-02-09_13-00-34_625.jpg

2012-02-09_13-00-02_860.jpg

2012-02-09_18-15-26_50.jpg

2012-02-09_18-15-34_332.jpg

Last edited:
The axles look amazing!! Really digging the silver with red covers.How you liking the claws?

I like them. Thinking to vent them so they are less "bouncy" with the Brushless that I am running.

Nice bulid brother, wheels look amazing. Love the detail you put into the pics and posting for us as well.

LIK

Thanks...I have one more thing to add that should be arriving this week. ;-)

What are the pros and cons of the Straight vs. Bent Drag links? Thanks.

Katan could give the Official reasoning...

I would think that it is based your ride height. bent would be for stock ride height and the shorter, straight one would be for when you have lowered it.

I would think that it is based your ride height. bent would be for stock ride height and the shorter, straight one would be for when you have lowered it.

Actually that's not quite right, both are for use with stock ride height.

The bent one was included to use with a regular straight rod end. The straight link is the same length as the bent one but needs the bent rod end to work properly. The stock ride height is so high that the rod end ball angle is at maximum with a straight link so you need to use the bent rod end. As we have included both it comes down to what you prefer looks wise. Both are basically an 80mm link (without rod ends).

If you are running a shorter ride height then I recommend using 74mm links for the panhard and drag link.

Last edited:

The bent one was included to use with a regular straight rod end. The straight link is the same length as the bent one but needs the bent rod end to work properly. The stock ride height is so high that the rod end ball angle is at maximum with a straight link so you need to use the bent rod end. As we have included both it comes down to what you prefer looks wise. Both are basically an 80mm link (without rod ends).

If you are running a shorter ride height then I recommend using 74mm links for the panhard and drag link.

Thank you guys for the help! I appreciate assistance. Cool that RC4WD includes both for us to use as we want!

See told ya... :oops:

Here's a sneak peak of STAGE 4

My Friend, Kurt from Dynamic Concepts slid this one by me...but I caught him on it.

2012-02-21_20-09-27_482.jpg

Introducing Dynamic Concepts Rubi Wraith Body Panel Set (these are his pics)...

Rubi1jpg.jpg

Rubi2.jpg

rubi3.jpg

rubi4.jpg

Ordered the hinge set also...

RubiHingedHood2.jpg

Looks awesome, talk to your friend about making one look like an Early Bronco. I really like the idea of having the hood open too!

Nate

Looks awesome, talk to your friend about making one look like an Early Bronco. I really like the idea of having the hood open too!

Nate

How am I going to slip the Wraith Early Bronco past Rckcrwlr if you mention it in his thread? :lmao:

I am shooting for Early May to release that body.

Back