• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Depends on what you want to use it for.

1-It's not rebuildable (so it's a throwaway motor when it wears)
2-Very high turn count, what rig is this going in? Some rigs will be dreadfully slow with a 80T motor.
3-It is easy on the wallet

I call them "Cheapo-Cans"... The work great for beating the crap out of.. Underwater, sand, mud.. Dont even clean it. Run it until it stops then throw it away and buy another. Hell, buy 3.. They are cheap.
My 55T is slow.. Real slow. I dont think i will ever have anything that would need to be slower than that. 80T? Ohh man. I understand that were talking about crawlers but, Something that slow cant be that much fun.

for the price they arent a bad motor other than not servicable. but for either an scx10 or xr10 i would go with a 35-45t maybe 55t, but nowhere near 80t

I run a 35t in my Honcho Kit. It has been running for about 10-11 months. I don't run in mud, water, or sand. I do clean the entire truck with compressed air, including the motor. It does fine, especially for the price.

Now the 80t...you would never move over a rock...it would take years...SLOW.

I obviously think the RC4WD 35t would be good for the SCX-10. I wouldn't go higher in turns; the stock RTR motor is 27t. Even though I don't have one, but the XR-10 would benefit from a matched pair from a reputable motor builder.

Yes, you can change the plug to deans. I kept the bullet connectors on my motor. It doesn't pull that much power to necessitate the deans.

Welcome.

i've been running 45t's in my xr10 for about 5 months with no problems, work great, lots of power when needed, great motors for the price, hell just bought 3 more 45t's for my sons ax10 and my super moa.

they are not rebuidable , but they also cost less than some good brushes and bearing set , use and abuse them , than trow away and buy a new one ...
but stay at 55T at most , 45 would be fine , those 70 and 80's are for those very heavy , customized scale semi rigs like tamiya king hauler ...

80T? Ohh man. I understand that were talking about crawlers but, Something that slow cant be that much fun.

:lmao:"thumbsup"

My T-finder is ridiculously slow and it's a 45turn. (trail? pffft)

I guess gearing has everything to do with it, the motor is kind of secondary.

The motor does seem to be decent enough though.....but for how long LOL

#I'll never know as the t-finder must gooooooo....#

i put one in my scx10 that i built for a recovery vehicle and was highy disapointed, you would think that an 80t motor would have stump pulling torque but it didn't, ended up throwing the motor away and getting the 35t but as far as the rc4wd motors themself the are great for the price

Back