• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Rc4wd Bulldog 9300xt Scale Winch PROBLEM!

raiders32

Rock Stacker
Hi I'm new to this forum, so i'm not sure if this threat has been posted already. I have an axial scx10 with all traxxas electronics (2.4 GHz, XL-5 esc, etc.) I've been through 3 rc4wd 9300xt winches (not wireless). The problem that I had with them is that the winch itself would vibrate when in the neutral postition. When I would flip the switch eigther spool in/out , the winch would work fine. I tried adjusting the red skrew on the circuit board, but that did not work. After a minute or so of being on, I could feel the circuit board getting warm. I have the reciever plug that is connected to the winch's circuit board plugged into the 3-channel. I am running my winch through the power of the reciever. My truck runs with a Traxxas 7-cell battery.

I have already sent back 1 of the winches to rc4wd and got another winch with the same problem. I told them that I had the same problem and they sent back another one.

So I'm wondering if any of you guys could tell me what i'm doing wrong or would you guys would recommend to do.

Hi I'm new to this forum, so i'm not sure if this threat has been posted already. I have an axial scx10 with all traxxas electronics (2.4 GHz, XL-5 esc, etc.) I've been through 3 rc4wd 9300xt winches (not wireless). The problem that I had with them is that the winch itself would vibrate when in the neutral postition. When I would flip the switch eigther spool in/out , the winch would work fine. I tried adjusting the red skrew on the circuit board, but that did not work. After a minute or so of being on, I could feel the circuit board getting warm. I have the reciever plug that is connected to the winch's circuit board plugged into the 3-channel. I am running my winch through the power of the reciever. My truck runs with a Traxxas 7-cell battery.

I have already sent back 1 of the winches to rc4wd and got another winch with the same problem. I told them that I had the same problem and they sent back another one.

So I'm wondering if any of you guys could tell me what i'm doing wrong or would you guys would recommend to do.
if i was you i'd run the winch thru a bec at 6v i have the same winch and run it off of 3s and my bec set at 6v or 7.4 and have never had any trouble..dont that 7cell put out 8.4v i believe thats right, but ive heard of people running a winch at 9v and not any trouble..

if i was you i'd run the winch thru a bec at 6v i have the same winch and run it off of 3s and my bec set at 6v or 7.4 and have never had any trouble..dont that 7cell put out 8.4v i believe thats right, but ive heard of people running a winch at 9v and not any trouble..
How do I connect the bec in my truck. If someone could tell me how or if someone could give me a wiring diagram that would be great. Also what bec manufacturer would you guys recommend.

The issue is not with the winch. IT is the fact that on the traxxas transmitter the 3 position switch is actually for 2 different channels, 4 and 5. So when the switch is in 2 positions it is pulling, and one position is extending or releasing the line. I have the same issue and was trying to figure out how I will fix this. If you have figured it out let me know please.

I still have not figure it out yet. Instead i got a 3racing winch. But I want to get the bulldog 9300xt winch working for my brother's truck.

The issue is not with the winch. IT is the fact that on the traxxas transmitter the 3 position switch is actually for 2 different channels, 4 and 5. So when the switch is in 2 positions it is pulling, and one position is extending or releasing the line. I have the same issue and was trying to figure out how I will fix this. If you have figured it out let me know please.

If your radio system only has a two position channel for running your winch, you can use this controller to operate it:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vend...ontroller-radio-2-position-third-channel.html

There is a youtube video in the first post of that thread that shows how it works.

He said he's using the Traxxas receiver and ESC so regardless of what battery he is using the voltage going to the servo and winch is the same, whatever the output of the ESC's BEC is whether it's 5V or 6V. I doubt the ESC passes along the full main battery voltage.

You can buy Heyok's controller or do what I did for $1.00 and that is to place an inline switch going to the winch that way it isn't drawing any power when idle. I only need to turn on the winch when I need it and it's off the 99.9% of the time I use the scaler. I control the winch with my radio to feed and retrieve line.

I still have not figure it out yet. Instead i got a 3racing winch. But I want to get the bulldog 9300xt winch working for my brother's truck.

So does the 3racing winch work with your traxxas rx? Or is it having the same problem. I am also running traxxas rx/ tx and cannot use the third switch due to it not working. Again it is 2 different channels connected to the same switch so that is probably the issue. I have dismantled a 4 channel traxxas receiver and that is what I found, not to mention read a lot in the traxxas manual.

raider i have the same problem and after a few emails sent to rc4wd with them telling me that my winch controller is out of adjustment i gave up and have a winch controller on stand by with heyok im glad i came across this and now they know at rc4wd im not the only one sad part is i got mine over a month ago and still cant use it really hesitant about getting another for the wraith at this point .keep us posted on how you make out

The winch is still sitting on the shelf. The only thing I did to it was take the meatal winch line/hook out and put it into my 3racing winch. It looks more scale and is working flawlessly after changing the wiring in my controller.

I just picked up a used Rc4wd winch and I am having the same problem.

Seems to do it worse after going out than in.

After a while it does stop. It is like a servo that is having problems finding "center"

If you can do it, give one of my controllers a try! I think you will find it fixes you right up.

the stock rc4wd controller boards are garbage. the winch will chatter away. they are not 100% centered. i made a winch controller out of a old servo and problem solved. winch works fine.
heyok controllers are the same thing. smaller than the rc4wd one and work better too.

the stock rc4wd controller boards are garbage. the winch will chatter away. they are not 100% centered. i made a winch controller out of a old servo and problem solved. winch works fine.
heyok controllers are the same thing. smaller than the rc4wd one and work better too.

don't know if you figured it out yet but epa settings is the problem play with those on your third channel if your transmitter can, if not rc4wd volts universal epa module will work,

don't know if you figured it out yet but epa settings is the problem play with those on your third channel if your transmitter can, if not rc4wd volts universal epa module will work,

All I can say is good job...

You did some serious searching for your first post"thumbsup"

For those that don't understand these controllers, go HeyOK you just can't beat the simplicity. Or nut up with servo based winches:twisted:

Back